Setting Up a Commercial Kitchen at Home

It is important to follow your local health deoartment's rules and regulations when planning to produce food in your house. This guide is about setting up a commercial kitchen at home.

commercial kitchen

Question: Home Kitchen Certification

By FAYE GODFREY 1 1

What does one have to do to get her kitchen certified for jelly and jam making that is going to be sold?

By Faye from Carroll County MD

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Best Answers

By Jean 2 145 Flag

I would start by calling your state Health Department. If they aren't the ones to handle this, they should be able to point you in the right direction.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By April 187 452 Flag

In Missouri, it is regulated by the county health dept. I had to put in a seperate kitchen in my basement. Things required here were a 3 sink set up for washing, rinsing and disenfecting, and a 4th seperate sink for handwashing. All surfaces had to be smooth (no carpet), no textured ceilings. They also had to test my water, and I had to be clean!

Also the checked to verify I had gloves on hand to wear while handling food, the temp of my oven and refrig, and they also checked my frig for bacteria. Also the checked that I had no lead water pipes, no peeling paint, nothing above my stove (such as a shelf or cabinet) that would allow for things to fall off of and onto the contents of what I was cooking on the stove. If you are processing foods that you grow, they may also test your garden soil for certain bacterias as well.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Home and Garden Home Improvement KitchenApril 21, 2013
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
baby sleeping by grass
Setting Up a Green Nursery
Plastic bottles of white drinkable yogurt.
Making Drinkable Yogurt
Large Kitchen Fire
Preventing Kitchen Fires
Homemade Disinfectant Cleaner Ingredients
Homemade Disinfectant Cleaners
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:40:34 AM on 10.0.2.252 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings