Shelf Life of Powdered Hot Chocolate Mix

Many products are labeled with "best by" or "best used by" information. However, many of these same products can still be used past that date. This is a guide about shelf life of powdered hot chocolate mix.

Powdered Hot Chocolate Mix

June 14, 2012 Flag

How long past the sell date can you use this product?

By Nancy

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My understanding of the 'sell by' date is that it is the last date the manufacturer will guarantee the product is of the same quality of the day it was packaged. So all it means is that after that date the quality will slowly degrade. Most packaged or canned items will be usable for quite some time after that. I have eaten canned goods that had a sell by date of two years ago with no ill effects. Obviously if the can 'bulges' or is rusty I would not trust it.

In my opinion, I would say a few months or so after the date.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Food Safety AdviceJuly 8, 2013
Hot Chocolate Mix
Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix Recipes
Sugar-Free Hot Chocolate
Homemade Sugar-Free Hot Chocolate Mix
Storing Sugar
Storing Sugar
Hot Cross Buns on Wood Board
Hot Cross Buns Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 19, 2016 at 12:07:57 AM on 10.0.1.152 in 482 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.