Shenandoah National Park Photos and Information

Category Virginia
Shenandoah National Park
Shenandoah is a beautiful park that covers the crest of Virginia's Blue Ridge mountains and has over 500 hiking trails and lots of camping. This page contains Shenandoah national park photos and information.

I'm hoping some of you wonderful readers can provide me with some helpful information. My family is planning a trip to Virginia in October. The areas we are interested in visiting include the Shenandoah Valley and Smith Mountain Lake. I would like to know what types of fun activities we can do while in those areas and any other things that we should make a point to see while traveling in and around those areas. Thanks in advance to those who can assist me!

By Weary Traveler from Wilkesboro, NC

Virginia is usually beautiful in October but with the dry spell and all you won't be seeing the pretty leaves turn.

Here is a great url on what to do at Smith Mountain Lake.

http://smith-mountain-lake.com/

I have not been there in many years but did go there on a church event. It is extremely nice.

Wishing you a wonderful time.

Gem

I used to live in Staunton, Va. It is the birthplace of Woodrow Wilson, also the home of the Statlers. Statlers have a gift shop you can visit. Woodrow Wilson's birthplace also has a gift shop and tours. There are many things to do and see in the area. The Blue Ridge Mountains are beautiful. Stuarts Draft and Dayton are Amish country with Amish stores. You might even run into one of the Stater Brothers at the Mall.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

While driving along Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park a few weeks ago, I was able to capture this Mother Doe and her Fawn posing together ever so nicely in the woods. I couldn't have planned it any better myself. :)

By Kim

Mother and Fawn Deer in the Woods

Comment Like this photo? 17

While on a long weekend get away to the Skyline Drive, Shenandoah Valley, we encountered this mysterious fog at the top of a mountain peak. The rest of the drive was clear, except right along this particular piece of roadway. It really added some character to this photo

By Kim from Harrisburg, PA

Fog (Shenandoah National Park, Virginia), with trees and the sun in the background.

Comment Like this photo? 12