Shrimp Pasta with Pesto Sauce
Vote for this contest contender!
You can use shrimp or chicken in this Italian dish. I love it best with shrimp and lots of garlic. It is wonderful with the combination of cheeses.
- 1 lb ex-large cooked peeled, de veined shrimp, or do it yourself
- 1 lb small shell pasta (I used Barilla Pipette)
- 1 bag (8oz) fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Romano & Parmesan cheese
- 1 pt cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 jar (6oz) pesto sauce
- 4 large cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 3 scallions, snipped in 1/8 pieces
- 6 large fresh basil leaves, snipped
- 1 bag (6oz) fresh baby spinach
- 1 pt half and half
- seasonings; 1/4 tsp each, black pepper, salt, Italian seasoning & Oregano.
- 1 (6oz) fresh mozzarella ball, cut into slices, then into cubes
- Boil pasta al dente and set aside. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Using a large covered skillet, pour olive oil and add butter to it. Add the scallions, chopped garlic and basil. Let it get hot and sizzle, stirring well.
- Use the pasta water to cool down.
- Add shrimp and tomato halves stirring gently. Add seasonings.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese, stirring well. Add the pesto sauce and rinse the jar with water and pour over sauce. Heat
- Add spinach and cover for 1 minute.
- Toss quickly over and over to fold all together. Now add pasta quickly tossing to heat well but not over cooking.
Related Content(article continues below)
- Turn heat off and serve in pasta bowls, topping each bowl with a handful of shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Add more salt after tasting (opt).
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 12, 2017 at 11:04:23 PM on 10.0.0.38 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us