Vegan Pesto Recipe
This was taken from vegcooking.com but slightly adapted by me. Also a great gift idea for vegans/vegetarians or people you know who can not eat dairy.
- 3 garlic gloves, peeled
- 1/3 cup pine nuts or walnuts (sunflower seeds can be used too)
- 3 cups firmly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy Parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast (found at health food stores or in health food section at your grocery store)
Place the garlic and pine nuts in a food processor and process until minced. Add the basil, salt, and pepper and process until the mixture is ground into a paste. With the machine running, pour the oil into the feed tube in a slow, steady stream until well blended. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the soy cheese. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
By Lisa from Halifax
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.