Simple Chicken Kabobs
Vote for this contest contender!
This is a very easy way to make chicken kabobs but keep the elegant, authentic taste. You can use any type of meat and vegetables with this method.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 2 large servings
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 onion
- 1/4 tsp saffron powder
- 1 Tbsp yogurt
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 2 Tbsp melted butter or olive oil
- Wood or metal skewers
- Preheat oven to 450F. Cut your onion into thin slices. If you don't have time to let it sit and marinate, grate your onion in order to use straight away.
- Cut your chicken breasts into cubes; a little bit larger than bite-sized.
- Mix all the ingredients in with chicken in a bowl. If you want cook it right away, use the grated onions. If not, use the sliced onions then marinate for 4 to 6 hours before cooking.
- Thread chicken onto skewers.
- Place on a baking sheet. Optional: You can also add tomatoes directly on the baking sheet. If they are large, cut them into sections. Cook for 12 minutes, flip and cook other side for 12 minutes longer.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!