Chicken Kabob (Skewer) Recipes

Category Chicken
For a delicious, easy chicken meal, eat up the grill and prepare some chicken kabobs. There are so many flavor choices you will have trouble choosing. This page contains chicken kabob (skewer) recipes.

These chicken kabobs are delicious and really easy to put together. You can make these on your grill outside, inside your oven, or on a griddle. All result in a wonderfully aromatic and tender meal. I like to serve it with a lemon tahini sauce and thick Persian flatbread. I've added my lemon tahini sauce recipe here with the kabobs.

You will need to soak bamboo skewers in warm water for a bit before threading them, or just use metal skewers.

Prep Time: 30 minutes plus marinating time

Cook Time: 30 minutes

Total Time: 1 hour

Yield: 4 servings

• 1/2 large onion
  • 2 large chicken breasts
  • 2 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp dried thyme
  • 1 tsp ground nutmeg
  • salt and pepper
  • juice of 2 limes
  • 6 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 bell pepper
  • 2 zucchini
  • 6 mushrooms
  • 2 tomatoes
  • 1/3 cup tahini
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • pinch of salt
  • pinch of ground cumin
  • 4 or 5 Tbsp water
  • Lemon Tahini Dipping Sauce
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced

1. If you're using them, prepare wooden skewers by soaking them in warm water for about an hour, leaving the tomatoes whole.
  2. Advertisement

3. Cut the onion into large chunks. I went with sixths.
  4. Cut your chicken into equal bite-sized chunks, about 10-12 per breast.
  5. Place onions and chicken to a bowl, then add all the dry spices and some salt and pepper. Mix well.
  6. Stir in lime juice, minced garlic, and oil. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
  7. Advertisement

8. To make the lemon tahini dipping sauce, in a bowl, mix together 2 cloves minced garlic, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/3 cup tahini, a pinch of salt, a pinch of cumin. Mix well, then whisk in 4 to 5 tablespoons of water. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
  9. Preheat griddle or grill to medium high heat. If you're using an oven, preheat to 350 F. Chop the vegetables into bite-sized pieces. Leave the tomatoes whole, but poke a few times each with a fork.
  10. Thread the soaked skewers with the chicken, onions, and veggies. Brush on any remaining marinade.
  11. Advertisement

12. Place kabobs on your greased grill or griddle and cook, rotating a total of 4 times, once every 7-8 minutes.
  13. Kabobs are ready when a bit charred on the corners. Tomatoes are ready when blistered, about 30 minutes. Cut tomatoes in half. Serve with lemon tahini sauce, and flatbread, pita, or rice.

These kabobs are really nice served over your favorite rice cooked in chicken broth and then very lightly flavored with a bit of lemon juice.

I sometimes grill my veggies on skewers separate from the meat because a few varieties don't cook in the same amount of time, so I make an extra batch of marinade for them.

Grilled chicken kabobs with a nutty dipping sauce makes a wonderful main dish

Drain the pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a bowl, combine the Worcestershire sauce and reserved juice.

Cut each piece of chicken into four strips. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In medium bowl, combine chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce. Thread each chicken tender onto skewer, leaving 1 inch at each end.

I am looking for a recipe for grilled chicken kabob marinated in plain yogurt. I had this chicken kabob at a restaurant, it was unbelievable. The waitress said that it was marinated in plain yogurt, but I figure there has to be something more to it. Does anyone have a recipe using plain yogurt for marinating?

By Amy J Remillard from Millbury, MA

Answers

This might work....
1/2 c yogurt (I prefer Greek, and fat free, but any plain should do)
3 cloves minced garlic (again, I used more, but I love garlic)
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp canola oil
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp chili powder
1 tbsp fresh ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cumin

The recipe called for 4-6 boneless chicken breasts, but I used boneless, skinless thighs, and it was fantastic.

Grill over indirect medium heat for about 20 mins until done. Could be done inside on a grill pan, but be sure not to exceed a medium flame.

Preparing large quantities of food for a group event presents many challenges. The first is to know how much food to prepare, to avoid waste and hungry guests. This page asks about how much to buy when making chicken on a stick for a large crowd.

Chicken on a Stick

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

Chicken kabobs are easy to make in the oven and can be served with all sorts of sides. This is a page about making simple baked chicken kabobs.

putting oil on chicken kabobs

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Food and Recipes Recipes Meats ChickenOctober 2, 2012
💘
🍀

Generated 2020-01-16 09:59:08 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️