Mediterranean Chicken Kabobs

These chicken kabobs are delicious and really easy to put together. You can make these on your grill outside, inside your oven, or on a griddle. All result in a wonderfully aromatic and tender meal. I like to serve it with a lemon tahini sauce and thick Persian flatbread. I've added my lemon tahini sauce recipe here with the kabobs.

You will need to soak bamboo skewers in warm water for a bit before threading them, or just use metal skewers.

Prep Time: 30 minutes plus marinating time

Cook Time: 30 minutes

Total Time: 1 hour

Yield: 4 servings

1. If you're using them, prepare wooden skewers by soaking them in warm water for about an hour, leaving the tomatoes whole.
  2. Cut the onion into large chunks. I went with sixths.
  3. Cut your chicken into equal bite-sized chunks, about 10-12 per breast.
  4. Place onions and chicken to a bowl, then add all the dry spices and some salt and pepper. Mix well.
  5. Stir in lime juice, minced garlic, and oil. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
  6. To make the lemon tahini dipping sauce, in a bowl, mix together 2 cloves minced garlic, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/3 cup tahini, a pinch of salt, a pinch of cumin. Mix well, then whisk in 4 to 5 tablespoons of water. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
  7. Preheat griddle or grill to medium high heat. If you're using an oven, preheat to 350 F. Chop the vegetables into bite-sized pieces. Leave the tomatoes whole, but poke a few times each with a fork.
  8. Thread the soaked skewers with the chicken, onions, and veggies. Brush on any remaining marinade.
  9. Place kabobs on your greased grill or griddle and cook, rotating a total of 4 times, once every 7-8 minutes.
  10. Kabobs are ready when a bit charred on the corners. Tomatoes are ready when blistered, about 30 minutes. Cut tomatoes in half. Serve with lemon tahini sauce, and flatbread, pita, or rice.

Attosa, your kabobs look so delicious I wish I had one right now, hehe or two, or three. :) Yummy, they look so good, and those tomatoes, they really are so wonderful like that too.

The "tahini" sauce sounds so delicious too with these, and that's also a new flavor for me, I'm not familiar with that, and I'm so glad to learn of these new and interesting flavors and I can't wait to make them with it.

Thank you for another delicious recipe. :)

Hi! I think you will LOVE tahini! Have you had hummus? It's in most standard hummus recipes. I think sunflower butter is the closest thing to substitute it with, but I do like the real thing! :)

Attosa, since we sure seem to have the same "taste buds" I believe you're right, I will love the "tahini sauce". I'm sure glad to know about this, as I love new flavors, I find them exciting! :)

And yes, just a couple of times I've eaten hummus. And you mentioned "sunflower butter" gosh, now that's another one I've not
heard of, ever, isn't that something. I'm so glad to be "introduced" to these NEW flavors, thank you so much! :)

Sometimes it can be hard to locate but tahini is in most standard shops now. I've seen it in the "international" section and next to condiments and sauces :) Oooo I want hummus now!!

These look delicious and easy so I can't wait to make them. But more importantly, you have beautiful nails, as evident in the 6th photo. :)

Haha that is so cute and sweet, thank you. I'm happy you will make these!!!!!!!!!!!!

Food and Recipes Recipes BBQ & GrillJuly 20, 2019
🐛
😎
📓
🌻