Simple Crafts for a Church Bazaar

Making items that sell will benefit your organization's charity. This guide is about simple crafts for a church bazaar.

February 13, 2008 Flag

What is your best Church Bazaar money maker?

Marjorie from Delaware

I think the tea cup and saucer lights using candle stick lights is cute and you can do so many combos if you decide to use this one email me I can help ya get it started and tell you how to do it I make them for friends and the cups saucers are so cheap and lights you can find in thrift for so cheap plug in candle lights!

I'd love to hear how you make the tea cup lights. Please post the instructions and a pics , if you can, as Ii know many would appreciate it! Thanks!

Our church accepts items (in working order) small & large appliances, tv's, all types of entertainment items, movies, cameras, books, toys, linens, clothing, furniture, glassware, lingerie, jewelry, wardrobe accessories, shoes, tools, knick knacks, decorative items, pictures, holiday decorations, etc. from the public & has quarterly rummage sales. On the actual sale days, we also serve lunch & homemade baked items & beverages.

We take usually 4 days of 'setup' (Mon-Thurs, 8-12 noon) & 2 sale days (Fri 8-4pm, Sat. 8-1pm). Between rummage sales, each Monday (8-12 noon) we have "pre-sort", which is sorting of the newly acquired donations received, boxed and marked for what season, & for what department (ex. Men's Summer, Women's Winter, Toy Room, etc.) Presort makes the actual SetUp days so much easier, as during SetUp days, each box is taken to it's own department & unloaded.

If an upcoming sale is for Spring/Summer & a box is marked "Men's Winter", it gets kept in storage till it's needed sale time. Sometimes, depending on how much items we have for a specific holiday, if we have an abundance say of Christmas decoration items, we'll have a special sale, prior to that holiday, what's leftover goes into the next sale. Hope this helps you & your church out tremendously!! God Bless!

We hosted a salad/spaghetti dinner (ice tea included, cans of generic cola for .50) where the kids all had a moment on stage to present entertainment. We limited the kids to no more than 5 mins each (most took less). Some sang a song, some played an instrument, and every parent was obligated to be there lolol. We charged $7.00 per adult, $3.50 for children over 2, extra meatball (med size) for .50. Jello dessert, (Included) slices of pies and cakes for $1.00, whole cakes for take/home $3.00 - $10.00 according) We had a volunteer film the kids and offered the tapes to the parents for $5.00.

we asked all families attending to bring at least one item for out upcoming tag sale. (they brought tons of stuff)

The secret to the success was to make sure the food was good, not an overcooked gooey mess. We called upon the families involved in the restaurant industry to supervise the quality control, and most were kind enough to donate ingredients.

The families had lots of fun, and the profits were great.

June 28, 2005 Flag

Our church holds its annual bazaar every November. I am looking for some simple crafts that I could make and sell.

Thank you.
Louise in FL

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Bake several desserts to take to be sold either in pieces or as a whole.

Are you good at making wreaths? Do you have access to pinecones? My sister sent me a pinecone wreath she made.

How about fixing grabbags for Mom's to buy for their kid's birthday parties? Grandparents could, also buy them for gift giving, little somethings, etc. These could also be tucked away for a rainy day or be kept to put in Easter baskets or Halloween goodie bags.

I hope I can make this so you'll understand. A few years ago, I bought a Scissors Holder. The lady had taken a nice & pretty potholder. Turned it where one corner was at the top & folded the 2 sides in. For each side, she sewed a few stitches as you would if you'd put a button on, but just enough to make each side stay. She, then, took a plastic o-ring & stitched it to the top edge of the potholder, to be used as a hanger.

Next she hot glued a pretty lace all around the edges of the potholder. On top of the lace, she hot glued flat gold braided rope-like to the edge of the lace. In the center of the front panels of the potholder (where they meet in the front), she hot glued a string of seed pearls the length of the potholder, on top of that she hot glued a pretty bow that she looped 3 times.

Items needed:

1 nice (sturdy), pretty potholder

1 plastic o-ring

pretty lace

seed pearls

gold flat braid rope

hot glue gun

glue stix

needle & thread

These look nice. They hold several pairs of scissors. I gave my Mom one, she said she'd never seen one before. It keeps your scissors handy & in plain sight. If you're into crafts, this would be one EZ product you could make several in no time at all. I don't remember what I paid for them, but I'm sure they'd sell at a craft sale or yard sale. Put a pair of scissors in it, for show, if you didn't want to stand there & be constantly telling what it was. Be sure to put that your scissors aren't for sale. Scissors are costly anymore.

I love book marks. They could be as simple or as fancy as you want to make them. I've seen crocheted book marks or some made out of holiday cards. Maybe "personalized" with beads that have letters on them.

I have a CD that has 11 crochet and craft patterns. They are all things that could be made and sold at Church Bazaars. Some of them are Easter, some are Christmas, and some are non seasonal ideas. Here is the Thrifty Fun link to check them out. There is a Hat Pot Lid Holder that can be made from scrap yarn in just a few minutes.

Harlean from Arkansas

Better Living Charity FundraisingOctober 17, 2013
Planning a Church Brunch
Planning a Church Brunch
Church Tea
Church Harvest Tea Ideas
Church Decorated for Wedding
Decorating a Church for a Wedding
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale