Smell Out of Washer

I have made the mistake of putting a piece of clothing soaked in white spirits in with my normal washing. Now I cannot get rid of the smell from inside my drum, also my laundry comes out smelling of white spirits.

I have run my machine several times, but the smell seems to get worse. Please has anyone any tips on how I can get rid of the smell? It is a fairly new machine as well so I cannot afford to buy a new one.

By grannyangie from Norfolk, England

Answers:

Smell Out of Washer

I don't know actually, but here are some ideas: Go to the manufacturer's website and send the question to them.

Try a product that is used to eliminate odors from carpeting, like a pet odor eliminator. Check out this product: affresh.com I don't know if it will work for your specific problem, but may be worth investigating. Good luck. (09/11/2009)

By RDLaure

Smell Out of Washer

Run a "rinse" cycle with 3 cups of vinegar (clear). There will be a minimal vinegar odor when finished (if any) and leave the washer "open" to air out. Any vinegar odor will be short lived and will not be noticeable in the next wash load (I religiously add vinegar to my rinse cycle. It eliminates all perfume and remaining soap residue. Clothes come out squeaky clean). Plus the vinegar will dissolve any soap buildup in the discharge lines (if used periodically). (09/14/2009)

By Cajun62234

Smell Out of Washer
open washing machine
Spin Cycle Not Working on Washer
Making a Washer Lariat Necklace
Making a Washer Lariat Necklace
A repairman looking at a washing machine.
Repairing a Washer That Won't Drain or Spin
Windshield wiper tip on windshield
Homemade Windshield Washer Fluid
🎉
🎄