Socializing Your Dog

Dogs that can be easily taken into public and get along with other dogs and humans, especially children, are much more pleasant to own as pets. This is a guide to socializing your dog.

January 5, 2017 Flag

An aggressive dog pulling on its leash.

CommentPin It!Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This is a guide about solutions for dog on dog aggression. Dog on dog aggression is a common issue for pet owners. This aggressive behavior can be the result of several factors.

March 19, 2005 Flag

Start taking your new puppy to a Doggy Park now. You have plenty of happy days ahead of reading in the park as your dog runs free, gets plenty of exercise, and socializes with other dogs. My time there lets me catch up on correspondence. I read my magazines and good books without bother.

By RRementer2003

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I think I started taking my dog to Dog Parks too early. Now it's the only thing she really wants to do. and When she's at the park she plays so rough. (She's the Black & White one).

June 5, 2008 Flag

Proper socialization is one of the key factors in raising a well-behaved puppy. By meeting all types of dogs in all types of situations, your puppy will be well-adjusted and will learn that they should not bite hard.

By Julie from San Francisco, CA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

All breeds of dogs; in all situations. Where? How do you do this when there is no dog parks in my city. Friends don't have dogs and the only neighbor I know that has dogs (3) that stay outside. Now days most people work and it's hard to get to know your neighbors. I take my dog on walks and seldom ever see anyone walking a dog. I do take him in Pet Stores when I shop there. Take him on vacation and out of town to visit relatives and friends. Other than those things most days it's just my dog and me. I'd like to him others suggestions on how to socialize.

Catherine Forman4 found this helpful
March 29, 2006 Flag

Socializing Your Dog, Puppy in a hammock.

Socializing your dog doesn't mean bringing Fido to a tea party with the ladies... it means being a responsible pet owner and teaching your dog to be calm and confident in any situation.

February 14, 2006 Flag

Spend lots of time playing with your dog, starting from when it is a puppy. The more time you spend with your dog, the happier it will be and the friendlier it will be with other people.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 3, 2008 Flag

Your dog needs to be socialized from the time you make him/ her part of the family. If you have them around different age groups and other home pets, you will have a friendly dog.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Pets Dogs Training AdviceJuly 26, 2011
pug in a crate
Crate Training a Dog
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Dog the Bounty Hunter Costume
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
An aggressive dog pulling on its leash.
Solutions for Dog on Dog Aggression
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 26, 2017 at 5:18:08 AM on 10.0.1.55 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.