Dog Pooping and Peeing on Concrete

Often dogs that have been raised in kennels with concrete floors are reluctant to use the grass rather than your patio or driveway for their duties. This is a guide about dog pooping and peeing on concrete.

We just got a new 2 year old dog from a breeder, he was in a pen with concrete, no grass. We have acres of grass, but he only uses the concrete to poo and pee which is making me cross because the concrete is all around our front and back door. I cannot catch him in the act. I have tried vinegar everywhere, but it didn't stop him. Please does anyone have a cure?

By gcastle

Answers

Best Answer

I would think you will have to teach this poor dog where he should go. He is only doing what he has learned. You are going to have a good attitude about this, not scold him or yell at him, but you just will have to take him where you want him to go and offer treats when he begins to understand. Much like training a child. It may take some time, but your attitude will be a key factor in getting this done. Breath and be calm.

My dog has always been taught to poop and pee on the grass, but now she's doing it on the concrete. She's 13 years old.

I'm thinking, maybe the age. Does anyone have any idea of what and why is this happening?

Answers

Best Answer

Loss of bowel control is common in older dogs. I would check the dog out at the vet.

Best Answer

All depends on how far away the grass is, if the concrete is first then it would seem this older dog can not wait and there fore goes on the concrete . Be thank that this older dog at least waits until it is outside.