Dog Pooping and Peeing on Concrete?

Often dogs that have been raised in kennels with concrete floors are reluctant to use the grass rather than your patio or driveway for their duties. This is a page about dog pooping and peeing on concrete.

My German Shepherd is 1 years old and in my backyard we have concrete that leads to rocks before you enter my garage. She's been going pee and poop in the rocks since we got her at 5 months old. There were a few days in a row when she wouldn't enter the rocks and peed on the concrete and then it went back to normal. But again just now she stopped right before the rocks and went pee on the concrete. I'm just so confused and I wonder if it has to do with her panosteitis? Because the time before when she did this her panosteitis was acting up. Does anyone know why she would be doing this and should it be worrisome?

Thanks!

Answers

Best Answer

It sounds like you have answered your own question that the dog's Panosteitis is back. The inflammation must hurt when walking on uneven surfaces and the concrete is smooth which is why the change.

Sounds like you know your pup well, so follow her lead with this one!

It will probably be hard to get the pup in with the holiday, but I would try to get her in to her vet as soon as you can. I would hate to see it turn into an emergency situation, so maybe if your vet is open Thursday, they could see you.

Post back with an update! Sending prayers for healing.

My dog has always been taught to poop and pee on the grass, but now she's doing it on the concrete. She's 13 years old. I'm thinking, maybe the age. Does anyone have any idea of what and why is this happening?

Answers

Best Answer

Loss of bowel control is common in older dogs. I would check the dog out at the vet.

Best Answer

All depends on how far away the grass is, if the concrete is first then it would seem this older dog can not wait and there fore goes on the concrete . Be thank that this older dog at least waits until it is outside.

We just got a new 2 year old dog from a breeder, he was in a pen with concrete, no grass. We have acres of grass, but he only uses the concrete to poo and pee which is making me cross because the concrete is all around our front and back door. I cannot catch him in the act. I have tried vinegar everywhere, but it didn't stop him. Please does anyone have a cure?

By gcastle

Answers

Best Answer

I would think you will have to teach this poor dog where he should go. He is only doing what he has learned. You are going to have a good attitude about this, not scold him or yell at him, but you just will have to take him where you want him to go and offer treats when he begins to understand. Much like training a child. It may take some time, but your attitude will be a key factor in getting this done. Breath and be calm.

My dog is 9 years old and just had dental surgery. He is acting out and using restroom on concrete when I take him out. He is also leaving trails of poop as well.

He has always gone in grass and never given me a problem. Why is he doing this and how do I stop him?

Answers

Please call the vet ASAP as the pup may have an infection or other complication and that is what is causing the issues. Since this behavior is not normal and started after the surgery, the vet needs to be aware and check your baby out.

Post back with an update! Prayers for healing!!

If the dog had dental surgery and a few teeth were removed he could be having an infection or an issue after the surgery. I would call the vet and take him back in to have him checked out. This seems like a stange behavior and it needs to be looked at right away.

I would take him to the vet. He may have an infection.

He may not be feeling well! Needs Vet advice!

Does he have a follow up appointment? Like everyone mentioned, do get him checked out.

I suggest you go to the vet and let them know that your dog had surgery and your dogs behave, it could be from the Anastasia Because it happened to my dog but go to the safe side and ask your vet...

Older dogs are like seniors and need extra special close attention after having to undergo anesthesia and especially a long bout.

If you have not already done so, please take him back for a follow-up visit even if it is earlier than scheduled as this sounds like a serious condition.

Your dog needs to get back to the Vet asap. This may be a complication of his surgery.

We have a doggie door that leads out onto the concrete entrance to our back door that has a dog run attached. How do I get my dog to stop going to the bathroom on the concrete and use the grassy area instead. She only does this when we are at work. She doesn't do it if we are at home. I have been spraying the concrete with bleach or dog urine odor remover, but hasn't phased her in the least.

Answers

Use an enzyme based cleaner such as Natures Miracle.

This is one of the telltale signs that dementia is setting in. They start standing on the hinge side of the door when you open it, they start going to the bathroom on cement, they start sleeping more during the day and pacing at night.

Unfortunately dementia is not reversible, but it can be slow down by giving your dog supplements that have antioxidants and amino acids that are good for the brain.

My pup is about a year old. I've always taken her out on a leash to teach her the property and to teach her to listen. She recently started to be able to go out without a leash, she is now pooping on the concrete or on the wood trail to our wooden deck and even on our deck a couple times. I stand on the grass and she normally sticks by me. When on a leash she never tried to poop on anything other than the grass. I just don't understand why. Is there anything I can do to help her poop on the grass and only on the grass?

Answers

Maybe the grass was too wet one day or your dog had an unpleasant experience relieving himself in the proper spot. He now has chosen a new spot. You will have to be patient and refrain him.

Pets Dogs Training AdviceJuly 13, 2013
🐛
😎
🌻
😷
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Dog-Pooping-and-Peeing-on-Concrete.html