Dog Pooping and Peeing on Concrete

Often dogs that have been raised in kennels with concrete floors are reluctant to use the grass rather than your patio or driveway for their duties. This is a guide about dog pooping and peeing on concrete.

We just got a new 2 year old dog from a breeder, he was in a pen with concrete, no grass. We have acres of grass, but he only uses the concrete to poo and pee which is making me cross because the concrete is all around our front and back door. I cannot catch him in the act. I have tried vinegar everywhere, but it didn't stop him. Please does anyone have a cure?

By gcastle

Answers

Best Answer

I would think you will have to teach this poor dog where he should go. He is only doing what he has learned. You are going to have a good attitude about this, not scold him or yell at him, but you just will have to take him where you want him to go and offer treats when he begins to understand. Much like training a child. It may take some time, but your attitude will be a key factor in getting this done. Breath and be calm.

You might try to email Cesar Millan, the Dog Whisperer, and ask him. He has a solution for all dog problems. He has books and videos too.

Hello...
PLEASE DO NOT scold him for only doing what he was taught.
if you want him to potty on the grass, then take your time and train him. You say you don't see him go potty on the concrete? Take some time to get to know him amd stay out with him when he does his business. Thank you for adopting him I hope you provide a loving and caring home for him. Sorry to be so harsh but your question is just a matter of common sense.

Anonymous

Okay I understand the comments but I adopted 2 dogs since January. They are both great on the main floor but my basement is concrete. I have 2 gates but now my cats won't come up. I have a shock collar for pup being aggressive with my cats and jumping fence but can't take down gates and work with them until they stop going potty downstairs