Soda Bottles for Spaghetti

Keep your large 2-liter bottles for storing spaghetti. After you wash the bottles, stuff paper towels inside to help draw out the water. In a sunny window, it should take less than an hour.

Making sure the bottle is dry, put in your spaghetti. This takes time, but the result is worth it to me, because it will dispense a serving of spaghetti with just a shake of the wrist. It's easier for me than having to deal with spaghetti from a bag or plastic container. It seems to scatter all over the place.

By Tim from Science Hill, KY

Answers:

Soda Bottles for Spaghetti

I often use my two liter bottles to hold my balls of wool by cutting a hole in the side to place the wool in and stringing it through the top to use it prevents the wool from tangling.
(12/15/2009)

By cspr58

Soda Bottles for Spaghetti

Seems like way too much work to dry the bottle just to put spaghetti in it. It's no problem for me to take out a portion of spaghetti from the box it comes it. (12/15/2009)

By OliveOyl

Soda Bottles for Spaghetti

A two-liter bottles takes up a lot more space than a box of spaghetti, and far too much effort is involved as well. Not sure how this is 'frugal'. (12/15/2009)

By krystalsmom

Soda Bottles for Spaghetti

I can't believe some are putting this idea down. This is an excellent idea. Not everyone buys spaghetti in a box. It drives me nuts, because the pasta I purchase is always in cellophane bags which split once you open them. Thanks very much for this idea. (12/24/2009)

By Needtoknow

Reuse Soda Bottles for Food Storage
Pouring Sparkling Water
Making Sparkling Water
pot of chili con carne
Chili Spaghetti Recipes
Spaghetti Taco Recipes
Spaghetti Taco Recipes
🎉
🎄