What could be causing me to itch? Sometimes it feels like something is biting me too, but I have no rash. It seems to only happen inside my home. We went on vacation and it went away. Within an hour of getting home, it started again. It sort of comes and goes. I would appreciate any advice/help
Debbie52 from IL
Just curious do you have any animals? If so you could have fleas! If not that; do you have any noticeable cracked chaffed or dry skin areas on your body that could be what's causing you to itch. Just a thought! (09/05/2006)
It sounds like you are allergic to something in your house. Did you bring something new into the house right before this all started? Are you eating something new at home? Have you used any new cleansers around the house? (09/06/2006)
Perhaps your "nerves" are acting up. Not the kind of nerves that are emotional, but real nerves in the nervous system. Check with your doctor, because diabetes and all sorts of things can have associated nerve symptoms, and the sensations you feel certainly sound like that.
On the other hand, you may be reacting or having nerve symptoms from a chemical you work with every day at home. So when this kicks up, notice what you have been working with that day.
Be sure to tell your doctor. (09/07/2006)
Did you get new carpeting? This happened to my friend. He moved into a new apartment with new carpeting and had the same symptoms as you. When he left his apartment he was fine. His itching stopped. After he got home and was there for awhile he would start itching. He took some Benadryl for a bit and all is well. (09/07/2006)
This is very puzzling! Have you checked for mold? I just happened to think that perhaps there is mold or other hidden allergens somewhere you are not aware of. I have heard of mold causing similar symptoms. I hope you can figure it out. Good luck!! (09/07/2006)
Try taking a teaspoon of olive oil every day. Your skin may be a little dry. It works for me.
Carolyn from South Africa. (09/15/2006)
By Kings Kid
My mum has a similar thing. It is due to increased blood urea. A blood test would show. It is nothing serious, just causes itching. (09/19/2006)
Have a can of mosquito repellent handy and spray yourself with it. It has helped me. Sometimes it can be dust mite allergies. (12/25/2008)
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!