Spots on Marble

I have white spots on my new marble vanity that look like it is deep in the marble.
It looks like the marble has faded, but it also feels a little rough. It looks as if something was sitting on it and left a ring.

Leigh from New Orleans, LA

Answers:

Spots on Marble

I also have marble vanities (black) and have the water marks. I did some research and found that the water actually etched the surface. I have not found anything to fix the problem. I wipe the surface with marble polish to try to prevent more damage, I think it helps. I don't know why they use marble in the bathroom if it is so sensitive to water. (10/25/2007)

By Country Gal

Spots on Marble

Sometimes a small amount of cooking oil rubbed in can help disguise it. (10/26/2007)

By Lisa

Spots on Marble

Marble is also affected by acids, so if someone was cleaning with vinegar or CLR, that could have cause the damage. I don't think there would be a way to fix it, but perhaps the marble polish mentioned might help.

Louise, Nipawin, SK (10/26/2007)

By louel53

Spots on Marble
Marble Countertop
Repairing a Burn Mark on a Marble Countertop
Cultured Marble
Finishing the Edge of a Cultured Marble Countertop
A marble spa tub and floor in a beautiful bathroom.
Cleaning a Marble Floor
Closeup of pink marble slab.
Removing Stains from Marble
🎄