Squirrel Proof Bird Feeder

Does anyone know the best squirrel-proof bird feeder? I love squirrels as much as birds, but don't want them eating from the bird feeders in our yard.

By Nss from PA

Answers:

Squirrel Proof Bird Feeder

Short of running 10,000 volts through it, there's no such thing as a squirrel-proof feeder. Trust me, I've tried them all. The only one that comes close, and even then a couple of the squirrels figured out how to get around it, is the Droll Yankee Flipper. And it's a lot of fun to watch them get really mad as they get flung off the feeder!

I've pretty much just given in and figure they have to eat too. At best you can slow them down a little, but that's about it. (11/12/2009)

By knitter06040

Squirrel Proof Bird Feeder

No way! I've tried everything and saw an incredible show about how creative and smart squirrels are! They are "critter Houdinis"! Our local naturalist recommends taking "in" feeders at night, every night. They may forget about them. Then you could eventually put them back out. A cat can spook squirrels too, but they are their own set of issues with birds. (11/12/2009)

By AHA!

Squirrel Proof Bird Feeder

I did grease the pole that the one feeder was on and they couldn't climb it. It was hilarious to watch them try too, but they just found my other feeders! There's no stopping them.
(11/12/2009)

By AHA!

Squirrel Proof Bird Feeder

Google "Wild Birds Unlimited" and they have a feeder that I have and it works. The squirrel gets on the feeder and the weight of the squirrel closes the ports and he can't get the food. After a few times he learns he can't get the food. I have the feeder #3030 and it works. (11/13/2009)

By rasta

Squirrel Proof Bird Feeder
A glass hummingbird feeder.
Making a Hummingbird Feeder
Recycled Bird Feeder
Recycled Bird Feeder Ideas
Squirrel Feeder
Making a Squirrel Feeder
Butterfly Feeder
Making a Butterfly Feeder
🎄