St. Patrick's Day Yarn Wrapped Wreath
This is a guide about St. Patrick's Day yarn wrapped wreath
. Using bright yarn, fun felt shapes and a foam circle, you can create a festive wreath.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I love making yarn wrapped wreaths. This design uses both brightly colored yarns and fun felt shapes!
- foam wreath
- yarn (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple)
- felt (black, yellow, white, and grey)
- buttons, optional
- hot glue gun
- pot o' gold template
Download the pot o gold template here.
- Divide the top half of the wreath into 6 equal parts. Use a marker to mark each section.
- Starting with red, attach the yarn to the back of the wreath with glue, then wrap the yarn until you reach the mark for the next color. Glue the yarn down and cut it from the skein. Repeat with each color of the rainbow.
- Once the rainbow is done, wrap the remainder of the wreath with a green yarn for the grass. I chose a variegated green. Add buttons to the grass to give more dimensions, if desired.
Related Content(article continues below)
- Using the pot o' gold template, trace the template onto the felt and cut out the pieces. Assemble the pot o' gold. Add buttons for gold, if desired.
- Create a cloud template on a piece of cardboard. Cut out and trace onto felt. Glue the pieces together. NOTE: I did 3 templates that got progressively smaller, giving the clouds a more 3-D look.
- Using hot glue, attach the clouds and pot o' gold to the wreath.
- Attach a loop of yarn to the back of the wreath for hanging.
February 21, 20160 found this helpful
Very cute. Nice idea.
This is a video about making a cute yarn wrapped St. Patrick's Day wreath.
In These Guides
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 24, 2017 at 6:59:41 PM on 10.0.2.145 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us