Starting a Tanning Salon

Category Business
An open tanning bed.
Determining everything you need to get your business up and running can be a challenge. This guide is about starting a tanning salon.

I'm opening a tanning salon and need some supplies to get started. Does anyone know where I can order the things I need and pay within a month? That way I can get on my feet.

By Kellie from Liberty, KY

Have you checked with various suppliers? Do you have the license and have a location for the salon? Some locations have a group of retired business people that help other people start up small businesses. I think that organization is called SCORE.

I should add that organization doesn't help financially, but with advice. If you can find a group in your area like that they might be able to help you find what you are looking for.

Tough time to start, I just read that many tanning salons are closing due to business falling off with the new 10% tax. I hope you succeed,we need more people like you willing to take a risk and start a new business.

Anonymous

If you Google 'Tanning Salon Supplies Wholesale' you should be able to find 800#'s for the ones I saw listed. The supplier I used and trusted when I had a hairstyling salon with a tanning bed is no longer in business :-( Just be sure to make a long list of questions to ask these companies including shipping costs. You might also call all your local beauty supply stores and ask who they recommend. Beauty supply stores do sell some items like lotions and stickers.

I would also advise getting business liability insurance.

Check out this link for further information of what is happening in the tanning bed industry right now including the 10% tax:

http://www.news  ives-owners.html

And here's one more article you should think about because, besides money shortages right now, is a change in attitude regarding tanning beds:

http://media.ww  th-3900243.shtml

I wish you sincere good luck to you in your venture!