Stopping Squirrels from Chewing on a House

How do you get squirrels to stop eating pressed wood lumber on outside of house?

Ken from Hickory, NC

Stopping Squirrels From Chewing On House

I don't think they are eating it, but are sharpening up their teeth. Try nailing up a wooden box on a far tree in your backyard and fill it with nuts for them to eat. (08/04/2008)

Definitely feed them. Other people, for years, have been complaining to me about chipmunks and squirrels damaging their property in one way or another. I've never had a problem, because I provide food for them. The added plus is watching them. I consider it cheap entertainment. (08/05/2008)

By Me

Yes! Put out unsalted peanuts in the shells. They would much rather have that than your house. But are you sure it's squirrels? Have you actually seen them do this? It could be chipmunks trying to make a new den. (08/06/2008)

I had the same problem and I didn't feed the squirrels! They had plenty of food from my 2 oak trees. I found a product called "Critter Ridder" I sprayed it on my wooden stoop and after the squirrels had a taste of it a couple of times, they left my wood alone because the product contains hot stuff. It is made by "Havahart" and is a repellent for several different types of critters. Works like a charm on squirrels. They don't bother my wooden stoop anymore. (08/06/2008)

By Sharon

Try Rataway spray from (09/17/2008)

By Rick S.

RE: Stopping Squirrels from Chewing on a House

Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Woman Holding Her Mouth With Chili Pepper
Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food
Squirrel Chewing
Squirrels Chewing on Car Wiring
Squirrels outside.
Keeping Squirrels From Chewing on a House