Store Your Celery In Aluminum Foil

I have learned that if you fully wrap your bunch of celery (unwashed and uncut with the twist tie removed) in foil and store it in the fridge it will last longer. I just used the last of some I stored a little over 4 weeks ago! I like to keep it on hand but used to end up throwing out about half as I did not get it used up before it started going bad. I know you can freeze it for cooking but I love having it fresh also.

By Mumsey from San Antonio, TX

Answers:

Store Your Celery In Aluminum Foil

If you usually use celery in soups or casseroles buy it when it is cheaper and chop it up and bag it and place in the freezer. No blanching necessary. You always have a supply of chopped celery on hand when you are in a hurry. (08/19/2008)

By Katydid, Australia

Store Your Celery In Aluminum Foil

You need to get those green bags that are advertised on TV and in local stores. They are great. Celery, peppers, and lettuce last for weeks. Do not wash before you store. I always used the tin foil method until I tried the green bags. Just put them in the bag, fold the top and place in vegie drawer. For what it's worth,

Carolyn from NC (08/19/2008)

By red hatter carol

Store Your Celery In Aluminum Foil

I have been doing this for a few years and it works really well. But when I try to tell others to do it they think I am crazy, oh well, their loss! (08/26/2008)

By animal_cmh

Celery on White Background
Storing Celery
Uses for Celery Leaves
Uses for Celery Leaves
Removing Tar from Clothing, Removing Tar from Upholstery, Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
Celery new growth
Growing Celery
Freezing Celery
Freezing Celery
🎄