Streaks on My Glass Shower Door

I was cleaning the front on my etched glass shower doors and now they are streaked something terrible. I have tried barkeepers friend, soft scrub, baking soda and vinegar. Each try it gets worse. Has someone been able to fix this problem?

Sherry from Stockton, CA

Answers:

Streaks on My Glass Shower Door

Sherry, have you tried just a plain old microfiber cloth with only water, no chemicals? These cloths are pretty amazing. (05/16/2007)

By Luvyabye

Streaks on My Glass Shower Door

Mr Clean eraser works like magic try it. (05/16/2007)

By septembergal

Streaks on My Glass Shower Door

Have you tried Pledge dusting spray. Works wonders and removes soap scum. Works for me! (05/17/2007)

By busdrivr

Streaks on My Glass Shower Door

I used to swear by Castrols Super Clean for everything like that but I cant find it anymore. There is something called Purple Power that seems to work as well. You can buy it at Walmart in automotive by the gallon for about $5.00. This lasts and lasts as you can dilute it. For anything really stubborn I use it full strength in a spray bottle. I feel it will take off those streaks. It is also the very best grease cutter. The Super Clean was made for degreasing car engines. These cleaners will take wax up too if sprayed on floor full strength then I use a broom to scrub it around but be careful as the wax turns loose its very very slick. Then mop it up well with plain water.
Good luck. (05/17/2007)

By spesialangel

Streaks on My Glass Shower Door

Sherry,
Most of the products you mention are abrasive and likely to do more damage than good. One of the best things I have ever come across (by accident!) to clean scum, streaks, etc. in the shower is Scruples Shampoo. It is a "stripping" shampoo that was recommended to me by my beautician to strip hairspray buildup, etc. out of my hair on occasion. I can't use a lot of chemical cleaners due to asthma, and I put this on a micro-fiber cloth (great even without cleaners on it!) and scrub away. If the buildup is heavy letting it sit on there for a minute or two would probably help (same for your hair!), then rinse. I "maintain" my shower by doing this almost daily while I am taking my shower - just a swish and swipe. I hate having to clean bathtubs and showers when I am not in them due to all the stretching and reaching, it is just easier this way. (05/17/2007)

By DownSouth

Streaks on My Glass Shower Door

Ditto the Magic Eraser...but spray the glass with Windex 1st. (05/17/2007)

By Karen

Streaks on Glass Shower Door
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
🎄
🍂