Washing Windows Without Streaks

Category Windows
It can be frustrating to wash your windows only to see streaks instead of clear panes. This is a guide about washing windows without streaks.

After washing windows or mirrors take a white board eraser and go over it with that. You'll be thrilled and amazed! We have all had fun trying to rid ourselves of streaking windows and mirrors. Sure newspaper works, but gets ink all over you. And coffee filters are small and it's tricky to keep it gliding smoothly over the surface of things. Just erase those pesky streaks away!

I found this by accident when wiping a blender "spray" on my kitchen window. I used a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser which was right there to clean it up. The window was spotless, no streaks etc. So, then I tried it on my glass doors and was I amazed. Needless to say, I went around the house doing mirrors windows. Fabulous. No streaks, no film. I use it on the inside of my car windows too.

A sponge lasts a long time. It is also great for those tea stains in cups and on spoons. I keep one just for windows. I am a fanatic about windows and have tried everything. This is by far the easiest and the best.

Source: On the Mr. Clean box it says glass, etc. I was amazed

By Margaret from Dudley, MA

Use vertical strokes when washing windows outside and horizontal for inside windows. This way you can tell which side has the streaks. Straight vinegar will get outside windows really clean.

Don't wash windows on a sunny day. They will dry too quickly and will probably streak.

By Irishwitch from Aurora, CO