Cleaning Windows Outside

Category Windows
Although it can be challenging to clean the outside of your windows, it needs to be done regularly. This is a guide about cleaning windows outside.

Can anyone help with a do-it-yourself solution for cleaning outside windows and screens? Sure would appreciate any good mix that works.

Leo

Answers

Best Answer

Ammonia and water or vinegar and water and if you live in the south as I do. This is what the cleaners do.

Best Answer

Thank you all VERY much for your suggestions. For the past 4 years, while recovering from cancer, my wife has hired people to do this job. Now that I have some strength back ... there is no reason that I cannot do it myself.

Again, THANK YOU ALL

I want to ask what is the best solution for washing outside windows. I do enjoy this website. Many thanks.

By Marie

Tips for cleaning windows outside. Post your ideas.

Answers:

Cleaning Outside Windows

Use a string mop, it has a long reach and it gets the corners really well. Put a drop or two of dish soap in a bucket, scrub, then rinse with hose, let air dry!

(04/01/2005)

By Susan Sanders-Kinzel

Cleaning Windows Outside

I use a sponge mop and a rectangle trash can and put Spic & Span in the water, which has a sheeting action. Works great! (04/02/2005)

By Syd

Cleaning Windows Outside

I use the car wash wand and brush that I use on my car. I fits on the end of the hose so there is water and it has a soap chamber so soap and water come out together. When your windows are clean you can shut off the soap and rinse. The car wash wand does extend out quite a ways. This is fast and easy for me. (04/02/2005)

By Carol