Use Vinegar and Newspaper for Cleaning Windows

Category Windows
Newspaper is relatively lint free and works well with vinegar to clean windows, leaving them streak free. This is a page about use vinegar and newspaper for cleaning windows.

When washing your windows mix equal parts vinegar and water to use as a cleaner and then use newspaper to dry. Cuts dirt on glass much easier and doesn't leave streak marks. Works inside or outside. It's less expensive and using the paper is more ecological too.

Jeanne

Use vinegar and newspaper to clean those windows and mirrors. It does such an excellent, streak-free job! Vinegar also works for mopping floors, helping to eliminate that pesky separate-cleaner-for-each-job buildup in the chemicals cabinet!

By Bonnie from Spokane, WA

Here is a great inexpensive and ozone friendly tip for cleaning windows and mirrors. Alcohol vinegar is found in almost every household and is a very good cleaning agent. Instead of using expensive and ammonia based window cleaners, I take an empty spray bottle (like the one you buy glass cleaner in), put a little less than 1/4 bottle of vinegar, about 5 drops (or one squeeze of dish lotion), and the rest water.

Shake well and use to wash all glass surfaces. An extra tip, use old newspapers to wipe down the windows instead of a cloth, as it leaves no lint and a streak free shine.

By Natalie from Zlatar, Croatia

I just read several archived posts on cleaning windows with vinegar and newspaper. I would use ammonia. I don't find the scent any more disagreeable than vinegar. And ammonia is a better grease cutter.

More to the point, I would, but I don't. Well, I do, but not with newspaper. The tip for cleaning windows with newspaper has been around for many years, but I have never tried it. I use a solution in a spray bottle and an excellent little squeegee I got from the Dollar Tree for a dollar. Works great.

Now my question. Today's newspapers are printed with a soy based ink. The ink easily comes off the paper and onto other surfaces. How does it produce a streak free window?

I don't read newspapers, so I'll stay with my squeegee. Just curious.

Answers

Best Answer

The windows are streak free. The ink has come off on my rubber gloves.

I now use microfiber cloths. Cleaner, and no paper towels for the landfill.

In These Pages
Home and Garden Cleaning WindowsJanuary 28, 2017
😎
🌻
😷
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Use-Vinegar-and-Newspaper-for-Cleaning-Windows-1.html