WindowsCleaning

Cleaning Windows Outside

Can anyone help with a do-it-yourself solution for cleaning outside windows and screens? Sure would appreciate any good mix that works.

Leo

When I lived in New Jersey, my mother and I had a professional window cleaner. He used to get the windows so clean that one day we asked what he put in the water to get the windows so clean. We were quite surprised when he said it was "plain water"! His secret was using a squeegee. He used the squeegee inside and out. They stayed cleaner longer too.

Ammonia and water or vinegar and water and if you live in the south as I do. This is what the cleaners do.

Thank you all VERY much for your suggestions. For the past 4 years, while recovering from cancer, my wife has hired people to do this job. Now that I have some strength back ... there is no reason that I cannot do it myself.

Again, THANK YOU ALL

I think that it doesn't much matter what you use in the water; the secret is using a squeegee. I have one with a long handle so that I can do the high windows without a ladder. (I live in a split level house.). I use some Dawn dishwashing soap in the pail.

I brush my screens with a broom. Usually all there is on them is some fuzz from trees.

My dear friend taught me to use full strength dish soap -- spray the windows with plain water, then squirt a bit of the dishsoap on the windows. Then use a brush or a sponge mop and scrub the window. Then just spray the suds off and you have beautiful clean windows. They dry sparkling.