Strip Quilting Ideas
Strip quilting is a method you can try to quickly make a beautiful quilt. This guide contains strip quilting ideas.
0 found this helpful
A quicker way to quilt! Use strips instead of blocks.
Approximate Time A few hours, depending on size
- fabric strips
- sewing machine
- binding material
If you're like me and love to quilt, but don't have the time to spend building a quilt square by square, try using strips!
I learned this technique from a quilter's group.
- First, start with the middle or "main" strip. In the picture, you'll see this one is quite different from the rest and really stands out. It also sets the tone for the colors.
- Next, find coordinating fabric in various colors. They don't have to match exactly, but compliment. Also, notice in the photo how the quilt has varying widths of strips. This creates some visual interest, and it works well if you have scraps in varying sizes.
- Once you have all your fabric, lay out the strips until you like the look. Then start sewing!
- Once you are done and everything is ironed, add the usual batting and bottom piece.
- Then, an easy way to attach everything is to machine quilt in the seams already created. Or you can get creative and do some other types of machine or hand quilting.
- The quilt pictured doesn't have the binding complete yet, but even with the time needed for that, this quilt only took a few hours to complete!
By CiCi from Yakima, WA
More to Explore
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on July 21, 2016 at 12:55:09 AM on 10.0.0.69 in 430 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us