ToysCrafts

Sushi Plush Toy

Vote for this contest contender!

My mother and I love to spoil my brother's daughter with loads of gifts. It's not quite in our budget to always buy her the latest trends in toys so we love to make our own renditions. Here is a homemade sushi plush toy. If you choose to seal with Velcro, you can unwrap the roll and make it more "ingredients" in the future! :)

Total Time: 1 Hour

Yield: 1 Sushi Plush

1. If you're taking black felt from inside of old shoulder pads like I did, open them up and sew the two black triangles together to make your 6 X 6 "seaweed" sheet square.
  2. Fold the piece of green felt and sew up the side and one end.
  3. Using a pen or chopstick, turn the green felt inside out.
  4. Ad
  5. Put the cotton around the stick and stuff it into the green felt tube. Sew up the end.
  6. Place the green roll on the white "rice" felt on the black "seaweed" felt. Roll! If you have a sushi rolling mat, you can use it for this part for fun. If not, just roll like a normal person! ;)
  7. Ad
  8. If you want to be able to open up the sushi roll in the future and add other felt "ingredients," secure the sushi roll with Velcro. Otherwise, sew it up and you're set!