Teething Kitten

What can I do for my teething kitten? She bites to the point were she'll draw blood. Is there any thing I can do for her?

Carebear from Bennington, VT

Answers:

Teething Kitten

When my youngest was teething I had received a package of free dog "Greenies" which are shaped like little bones, he chewed on that quite happily. I also brought home a long skinny branch (without leaves) and both cats still chew on this. When it gets too splintery replace it. I also found hard cat treats help as well. (10/30/2006)

By cailifouhnofthemist

Teething Kitten

I have heard that plastic drinking straws work rather well. My kitten is currently teething and is using my hands and feet, it's starting to hurt. I am going to try the straw suggestion. (05/31/2007)

By Jenel

Teething Kitten

My kittens just started teething, one is three months and the other is four months. I went and bought them the dog teething toys, the ones you wet with water, freeze, and then give it to them. I have yet to see them play with them since I work, but as long as they don't bite my furniture anymore I am good. (08/14/2007)

By Rebecca

Teething Kitten

My kitten is in the cute, crazy teething stage, too. She loves to chew on metal for some reason. Any time a wire hanger is left out, she chews on it.

She also chews on the metal bakers rack.

You just have to keep them entertained with toys and play games with them.

They're just babies; the bites don't hurt that bad. (08/22/2007)

By CandyCane

Teething Kitten

Pens. That's my kitten's thing. She loves them! (10/08/2007)

By Katie

Teething Kitten

Kittens tend to start teething around 2 to 4 months old, but I think my 7 week old kitten is teething. I'm going to try the McDonalds straw idea. But when my other cat was a kitten, I had a little rubber ring that came off another cat toy, he would fall asleep chewing on it, and later would fetch it. I can't find it, or another one of the toys it came off. But if any of you can find something similar, it will work wonders for the teething. (10/22/2007)

By MissKitty

Teething Kitten

I found giving my kitten a potato to play with helped. He can gnaw on that, but it's not so hard that it will hurt like wood. (05/26/2008)

By Jennifer

Teething Kitten

We just adopted a 5-mo kitten who is teething and right now has double canines that make her look like a mean shark.

Our vet recommended corrugated cardboard; a small box opened at one end is ideal. She chews on the corners of the flaps and leaves other stuff alone.

Just remember to take off any sealing tape, because they can swallow bits of it and it's not good for them. (09/02/2008)

By Page

Teething Kitten

I found the small puppy toys from Pet Stages have been the best thing for my teething kitten. You can even freeze them for more comfort. My little man likes them with a little bit of chicken broth and he leaves everything else alone. (09/21/2008)

By Kitten Mom

RE: Teething Kitten

Teething Kitten

My kitten likes those little hamster chew sticks. They are the same consistency as wood (like balsa wood, which may work too, but actual wood may be worse for them). It's softer and I think its made of vegetable stuff. I think they make similar things for birds, but I don't know what they are made of. (01/04/2009)

By lizzie

RE: Teething Kitten

Teething Kitten
A cute black puppy chewing on its owners finger.
Teething Advice for Puppies
Teething Baby
Baby Teething Tips
Baby with Teething Biscuit
Teething Biscuit Recipes
Teething Kitten
Teething Kitten Advice
🎄