Thriftstore Glass Garden Tower

I have seen other examples of this type of project and wanted to create one of my own. Currently it is decorating my kitchen countertop, but will move outside into the garden when the weather improves.

Total Time: 45 minutes or so

1. Wash and dry the glass pieces.
  2. Play with different stack arrangements until you find one you like.
  3. I applied glue to the bottom edge of piece number two, here a clear molded glass candleholder. Follow the instructions for your glue and allow to set up.
  4. Piece number two was positioned on the large blue cylinder candleholder and allowed to dry.
  5. Ad
  6. While the first two pieces were drying, the insulator and the smaller clear glass candleholder were glued together and allowed to dry. Glue was applied to the bottom of the insulator and then it was placed on the candleholder.
  7. Ad
  8. Here are the three partially assembled sections prior to their final assembly.
  9. Ad
  10. Next I glued the purple glass candleholder to the two base pieces. Glue was applied to the top of the purple piece, it was inverted, set in place, and allowed to dry.
  11. Lastly, the insulator piece was glued to the top, completing the glass tower.
  12. Ad

I would leave the top piece off of this unique creation and place a square or an odd-shaped plate at the top and have a cake stand.

This little objet d'art is bound to add a unique ambiance to your garden. Hope to see some followup pictures when it's placed there.

I have never heard of the glue you used. I will check it out. Does it really hold glass together that well?

This is my first time using E6000, it is recommended for glass. We will see how well it lasts once I clean up my garden and put it outside.