Tiny Flying Insects in the House

I have tiny flying insects in my home. They are smaller than mosquitoes. What can I use to get rid of them?

By Yao from Seattle, WA

Answers:

Tiny Flying Insects in the House

Do you have house plants? If you do, they could be coming from them. If water sits in the drip tray, they breed there. They are called fungus gnats. I have read that you can use apple cider vinegar and set it out near your plants in small dishes. Someone said it did not work for them and they just sprayed a small amount of raid in the bowl and then it worked. Good luck, I know how much of a pest they can be. (02/20/2010)

By Laniegirl

Tiny Flying Insects in the House

How about a can of aerosol hair spray? They can fly with glued wings. After a couple falls maybe you can take them to your local "Orkin" man for identification and info on how to get rid of them. Maybe one of those fly tapes would work too. Or how about a roll of double sided tape, the kind for wrapping packages on the wall around the head of your bed? (02/20/2010)

By darli1115

Tiny Flying Insects in the House

Thank you all for the help. (02/20/2010)

By yyao

Tiny Flying Insects in the House

Sounds like fruit flies. I had the same problem and a friend recommended I go to Kroger's grocery and buy a product called Hot Shots. It costs about $6.00. It is in a long box and has a white plastic box inside with something to kill the bugs. You hang it on a cabinet handle above the sink and it lasts for about 4 months. It cured my problem completely. Hope this helps. Connie. (02/25/2010)

By packlestax

Tiny Flying Insects in the House
swarm of mosquitos
Getting Rid of Flying Insects
bug spray
Identifying Flying Insects
Lady Bug on a Green Leaf
Identifying Beneficial Garden Insects
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants
🎄