Tiny Flying Insects in the House

I have beetle looking bug that flies, it's about the size of a small ant, infesting my kitchen. Any idea what this is or how to get rid of it?

By Jamie from Sidney, OH

Answers:

Tiny Flying Insects in the House

Sounds like fruit flies, they come into your house in bags of potatoes or fruit and if you are unlucky, they manage to grow and reproduce. Regular fly spray will kill them. You can also put water in a glass and stick it under a light (go to bed and leave light on) and they will usually manage to drown themselves, if you don't wish to kill them so directly. (06/18/2010)

By thriftyvicki

Tiny Flying Insects in the House

Do you have plants in the room? Try putting some diatomaceous earth in the soil. Just be careful not to breathe the dust. I had fruit flies in my office, no food anywhere, and that was the only way to get rid of them. In the absence of fruit, I guess they'll go to anything else growing they can find. (06/23/2010)

By Beth

Tiny Flying Insects in the House
swarm of mosquitos
Getting Rid of Flying Insects
bug spray
Identifying Flying Insects
Lady Bug on a Green Leaf
Identifying Beneficial Garden Insects
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants
🎄