Tip for a Moist Cake Every Time

For a moist cake every time, place a pan of water in the oven while the cake is baking, this way the heat will take the moisture from the pan and not the cake.

I do this with most baking items that I bake and it hasn't failed me yet.

By Carolyn from East Northport

Tip for a Moist Cake Every Time

A friend of mine who decorates cakes for important occasions told me after baking she freezes the cake layers and this makes them moist.

I don't know if she decorates them while semi- frozen or after thawing, but her cakes taste like they have pudding in the mix and she says they are standard, cheap pre-packaged mixes from the grocery store with the additional add ins (eggs, water, etc.) called for on the box. (10/24/2005)

By cookwie

Tip for a Moist Cake Every Time
Yogurt Cake Recipes
Yogurt Cake Recipes
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
Sports fans drinking at a sports bar.
How Much Should You Tip at a Sports Bar?
Vanilla cake with filling and vanilla frosting.
Vanilla Cake Recipes