Tips and Recipes For Imitation Crab

I purchased an 8 oz. pkg. of refrigerated imitation crab meat. Could any advise me on a quick and simple recipe to use this? Doesn't matter, could be appetizer, salad, lunch, or dinner.

Thanks.

By monnat96 from Pingree Grove, IL

Answers:

Tips and Recipes For Imitation Crab

Well, just my personal opinion, but imitation crab is a waste of money because doesn't even taste like crab. For only a bit more per ounce you can have the real thing.

Here's my own tangy cocktail sauce to serve it with and it's quick and easy and will stay fresh in a closed container in the fridge for about a month.

• 1/3 cup catsup
  • 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tbls lemon juice
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • Dash of pepper
  • Garlic salt
  • Tabasco sauce

Combine first five ingredients and then add garlic salt to taste and then add Tabasco sauce to taste.
You could also add the crab in a simple crab salad (simply a bit of lettuce topped with the crab and cocktail sauce) or in an omelet. (09/14/2009)

By Deeli

Tips and Recipes For Imitation Crab

Here is my favorite recipe for imitation crab. Use two plump tomatoes and dice them, finely chop a green jalapeno, finely dice a quarter of a onion. Flake the imitation crab. Mix all the ingredients and finally add the juice of two to three decent sized limes. Add salt to your liking. This is a healthy, light and refreshing salad. By the way you can eat it on tostadas found on the Mexican aisle or with crackers. Enjoy hope you like it.

Sabrina (09/14/2009)

By tomnsaby

Tips and Recipes For Imitation Crab

I have an easy and tasty one.

• 1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
  • 1 8 oz block of cream cheese, softened
  • 1 soup can about 3/4 full of milk

Combine in pan over moderate heat. Feel free to add pepper or garlic powder if you like. Once it's bubbling slightly, add imitation crab meat and a 10 oz box of frozen peas that have been thawed. Cook until the peas are heated through.

Usually I serve this with cooked rice mixed in, but it is also good with pasta. A great way to use up leftover rice or pasta. Very creamy and tasty. My cousin's fiancee, who is a picky eater, even loves this. (09/14/2009)

By linguistmarcie

Tips and Recipes For Imitation Crab

I mash it up, mix with a block of cream cheese and put a small scoop into wonton wrappers, close up and deep fry. Look up recipes for crab Rangoon to find different versions of this. (09/15/2009)

By micksgirl

Tips and Recipes For Imitation Crab

I like to use it for crab salad. Chop the crab and add some chopped celery and onion then mix with just enough mayonnaise or Miracle Whip to hold it together. Season as desired. This is good on a sandwich or with tomatoes and cucumber. Enjoy. (09/15/2009)

By Joankay

Tips and Recipes For Imitation Crab

My fave recipe for imitation crab is as follows:

Saute some onion till soft and a little caramelized (about 5 minutes) add flaked crab and saute another 2 minutes. Scramble some eggs and add to pan. Cook to you liking. Top with shredded or sliced cheese (I prefer Monterrey Jack) cover to let melt (about 1 minute). Ta da, pure yum! Add some toast (I like English muffins), and fruit. A BLD meal (breakfast, lunch or dinner). Of course I would prefer real crab, but this is really a good substitute. Enjoy. (09/18/2009)

By katklaw777

Tips and Recipes For Imitation Crab

Oh, I forgot, if I happen to have a ripe avocado I will make my eggs more like an omelet style and put the cheese and sliced avocado on one side, then fold the eggs over it. Healthy and delish. (09/18/2009)

By katklaw777

Imitation Crab Cakes
Recipes Using Imitation Crab
Crab Quiche
Crab Quiche Recipes
Crab au gratin being spooned out of a casserole dish
Crab Bake Recipe
Crab Salad Recipes
Crab Salad Recipes
Crab Cake Recipes
Crab Cake Recipes
🎉
🎄