Toilet Keeps Clogging

Category Plumbing
Toilet
Having a toilet that is constantly getting clogged is very frustrating. This is a guide about when toilet keeps clogging.

I live in a townhouse that is approx. 6 years old. My toilets clog constantly. I use low-budget thin toilet paper because the thicker paper is even worse. I am tired of plunging my toilets every other day. Help!

Janice from Mechanicsburg, PA

Answers

Best Answer

I would say there is something someone flushed down the toilet and is the cause of the clog. You could rent or buy a snake from a big box store to run through the toilet. The other suggestion is to take up the toilet look for obstructions in the toilet or the sewer pipe. Not a difficult job.

Best Answer

An old trick from my Mom. Use a squirt of dish detergent or shampoo (cheap of course) and reflush. It seems to lubricate the bowl. You may still need to plunge, but it's worth a try.

Best Answer

Ours did the same thing. My husband discovered that the wax ring, which the toilet sits on, was off center, so the "hole" wasn't as big as it should be. He replaced that and we've had no trouble since.

Best Answer

I have the same problem at my house. Are there large trees plants around your town homes? My plumber said it's roots that grow into the sewer pipes (especially during drought times) looking for water. I have to have my drain snaked at least twice a year. I had to switch to the cheap flimsy TP also, or I plunge weekly.