Toilet Tank Wobbles

When your toilet tank is not secure you could develop a leak. This guide is about toilet tank wobbles.

White toilet.

We installed a new toilet and something doesn't seem right. My husband said he tightened the bolts that hold the tank onto the bowl, but it wobbles as if they are extremely loose. I was very worried about this, so he put a small piece of 2 X 2 between the tank and the wall. Now there is no wobble, the tank is level, flushes right and doesn't leak, but I'm still worried. Anyone have any ideas?

By R.C.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

You might want to check the toliet flange under the toliet meaning where the pipe and the toliet meet, you might need a new wax ring or your floor from the leaking might be rotting out your floor, I found this out the hard way myself. I would suggest taking the toliet out and check what you have going on there, mine rotted out the whole floor around the hole, not a good situation.

Read More Answers...
Home and Garden Repair Home PlumbingNovember 29, 2012
lace tank topper
Making Toilet Tank/Lid Covers
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Toilet Tank
Toilet Tank Not Filling
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 19, 2016 at 9:07:41 AM on 10.0.1.104 in 700 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.