Toothbrush Rug Directions

Are there any free directions for toothbrush rugs?

Debra from Hampton, TN

Answers:

Toothbrush Rug Directions

Try Annie's Attic: I have directions for a half-oval that looks like a watermelon slice, the principle would be the same. Note: to Maryeileen, a toothbrush rug is a rug made using the handle of the toothbrush that has been cut off and sharpened to a point. It must be one with a hole in the handle as strips of fabric are threaded through the hole and woven together. Try Googling, free pattern for toothbrush rug and see what happens. (08/30/2007)

By thriftmeg

Toothbrush Rug Directions

Thanks, thriftmeg! I did a search on Yahoo and found this:

bellaonline.com

(I remember when toothbrushes had a hole in the end of the handle!) (08/30/2007)

By Maryeileen

Toothbrush Rug Directions

I've written some directions about how to make a toothbrush rag rug (complete with youtube videos) on my website here: http://whimfield.com/
I hope they're helpful to you!

Best,
Whimfield

www.whimfield.com (09/10/2008)

By Whimfield

Toothbrush Rug Directions

I just recently discovered these toothbrush rag rugs that you make using a old toothbrush made into a tool. You then use the tool to weave the rags into a rug. It looks similar to crochet or braids. It's a cool method where you don't need to know what to crochet to make these rag rugs. Check out this link which shows how to make the toothbrush tool and also has picture tutorial on how to make the rugs.

thelibrary.org (10/12/2009)

By RecycleCindy