Making a Confetti Rag Rug?

Can someone give me instructions for making a confetti rag rug? I've looked everywhere.

Patty from Perkasie, PA

Answers

Hi Patty,
I don't know that I have seen a "Confetti rag rug",
but I did google
"How to make a recycled rag rug"
and found this site

community.livejournal.com/rug_makers

It's a very informative group. Hope this helped you
Fickle

By denise warner (Guest Post)

hi i make these and they are very simple. you save old clothing or buy inexpensive fabric always using cotton with cotton and so on and you cut about one inch strips and tie them together making your yarn now you would use a huge crochet hook and make a chain stitch and than secure together using either thiner strips of material and crocheting or sewing together. you may contact me if you need further instruction warnerd6 AT aol.com

I'd take a length of rug backing, 4 holes to the inch, however big you want the rug (plus 1 inch at each end to fold over). Cut 1" x 5" strips of cloth from rags, whatever colors you want, and rug-hook. On the edges, just fold over the extra 1" and hook through the double thickness.

If you want to make a particular pattern, just draw it on the rug backing with magic markers before you start to hook the rug. Be sure to experiment a little with the strip length and width beforehand to get the look you want.

Answer this Question
Crafts RugsOctober 9, 2013
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-a-Confetti-Rag-Rug.html