Treating Damaged, Brittle Hair

Dose anybody know some thrifty ways to smooth, soften, moisten, and beautify my damaged, brittle hair?

Aliesha

Answers:

Treating Damaged, Brittle Hair

The best product I have ever found in my 30 yrs. as a professional hair dresser is a product called "K.M.S.Replace". Check your local salons or beauty supply houses. Use as directed. Amazing stuff!

Denise (04/07/2008)

By thattemp

Treating Damaged, Brittle Hair

Go to a reputable beautician and ask for special shampoo and conditioner for damaged hair. I was losing hair and got some special shampoo and conditioner from the J. C. Penney's beauty shop that stopped the hair loss and allowed my hair to regrow. Good luck and God bless you. (04/09/2008)

By tedsmom

Treating Damaged, Brittle Hair

Before you spend big money, try conditioning your hair with coconut oil. Slather it on and leave it as long as you are able, even overnight, wearing a shower cap to bed. It has unique properties that allow it to actually penetrate the cuticle of the hair, unlike most other oils and many commercial hair conditioners. I just heard about it recently, and I used it last night with wonderful results. (04/09/2008)

By chretienne

Treating Damaged, Brittle Hair

Try a hot oil treatment. Heat a little olive oil in the microwave. Massage it into the hair. Cover head with a plastic bag, then wrap in a towel to retain body heat. Keep on for 30 minutes, then shampoo as usual. (04/10/2008)

By susanmajp

Treating Damaged, Brittle Hair

Vinegar surfaces once again. Vinegar is one of the best hair conditioners ever. Keep a plastic squeeze bottle of 1/2 apple cider vinegar water in the shower to rinse the hair after shampooing. It'll remove all the soap residue and condition the hair. (I hate to say it, but vinegar's benefits are virtually unlimited).

apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com (04/12/2008)

By Cajun

Treating Damaged, Brittle Hair

You could try using mayonnaise. I have used it for years and regularly tint my own hair and have always had really good thick, soft hair. What you do is put lashings of mayonnaise on your damp hair then wrap a warmed towel around it and sit in the sun. If you have no sun then just a warmed towel will do. Keep it on for as long as possible, then wash and rinse as normal. This treatment will get your hair right in a short while try to do it on a regular basis. (04/16/2008)

By HONEY

Treating Damaged, Brittle Hair

I have the exact same problem with my hair. Best products ever and totally worth the money. biosilk.com, hydrating shampoo and conditioner by Bioslk. Also this treatment K-pak Reconstructor by Joico. beautydeals.net Trim the ends often so your hair continues to grow. (04/21/2008)

By Lisa

Treating Damaged, Brittle Hair

I have found the very best way to have shiny repaired hair is a coconut oil and avocado mask. If you do it once a week or twice a week until your hair maintains moisture you will have come a long way to restoring your hair. Both are found at the grocery store. Mash avocado up with coconut oil, apply on hair and leave on until it's almost dry on your hair and wash out well. You can use soap, but I'd not if you can stay home a few days. I have also learned you should not shampoo your hair much. I use Tressemme conditioner as a wash and then if I have to shampoo I take baby shampoo dilute with a lot of water and then do that through the hair. The main thing is restore natural oils! (04/28/2008)

By Texaslight

Treating Damaged, Brittle Hair

I use apple cider vinegar every time I wash my hair. That's the only conditioner I use at all and it's wonderful. It stinks, but it's worth it and the smell fades as the hair dries. I have a squirt bottle in the shower and I coat my hair with it. Let it sit a minute or two and rinse. It helps with dandruff also. I also put a little on my face right before I get out and don't rinse it. It's a great toner and makes your face as smooth as it does your hair. (05/05/2008)

A woman looking at the ends of her damaged hair.
Remedies for Damaged Hair
African American woman with natural hair holding a strand and looking at it with concern
Remedy for Hair Damaged By Relaxer
microwave
Microwave Peanut Brittle Recipes
Cashews
Cashew Brittle Recipes
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
🎉
🎄