Using Coconut Oil for Damaged Hair

Category Damaged
This is a page about using coconut oil for damaged hair. Coconut oil is a great moisturizer for hair, skin, and nails. A small amount goes a long way.

I love to use coconut oil on my long color treated blonde hair. I do not know how this treatment would work for other colors of color treated hair, but it did not fade my blonde color at all. It is also safe for non color treated hair.

I simply apply extra virgin coconut oil to my hair and leave it on for a while. I have left on for as little as a half hour to a few hours depending on how much time to have to let it soak in. You can even apply at night and sleep with a plastic shower cap on overnight for even better results. This may not be comfortable to some people, so I recommend at least letting it soak on your hair for 30 minutes.

If the coconut oil you buy is in more of a solid state rather than a liquid you can microwave the desired amount you wish to apply to your hair for about 10-15 seconds depending on how strong your microwave is. You just want it to be in a liquid state for ease of applying it. Rinse hair out well after, then shampoo and condition as normal.

I noticed a result using coconut oil on my very dry, damaged, color-treated blonde hair immediately. I also have found this to be cheaper than those expensive hair mask treatments you buy from the salon and with better results. Hope it works for you!

By Renea A from Pittston Twp, PA

I know it sounds a little unusual. At first when I heard of it I thought,''Gross, I don't want to put oil in my hair and then have greasy hair.'' Eventually though after hearing how great it was, I finally tried it. And it's awesome! Here's how it works: It's good for hair health, preventing split ends, and conditioning. It leaves your hair feeling healthier and softer than ever.

You'll want to use 1 to 2 TBS of organic extra virgin coconut oil (depending on how thick you're hair is). Next, leave in for 40 minutes to an hour. Or overnight for best results. Then just wash out, and enjoy healthy, silky soft hair. : )

Source: Pinterest

In These Pages
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips DamagedApril 23, 2017
🐛
😷
📓
😎
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Using-Coconut-Oil-for-Damaged-Hair.html