Treating Toenail Fungus

How do I get rid of toe fungus?

By cuzzikid from Sierra Madre, CA

Answers:

Treating Toenail Fungus

I had a pharmacist tell me to use a capful of Clorox and soak your feet. I do not know it works, but it may help.

Crystal (09/01/2009)

By CBLAISDELL

Treating Toenail Fungus

Tea Tree oil works wonders, and quickly! (09/04/2009)

By JoanDogs

Treating Toenail Fungus

I've tried the bleach by putting it on a Q-tip and rubbing on and around the nail and it worked after a week or so of treating. (09/07/2009)

By baptizedtoo

Treating Toenail Fungus

About a year ago, I noticed that the toenail on my right big toe was cracked a the base. It looked perfect except for the crack. I had injured it several years ago and it had grown in fine after the toe healed. After a few weeks I noticed the nail was becoming discolored and seemed to be raising up. Another month later it was sore and a gap had occurred at its base. It was like the toe nail was growing upwards and strange yellow-green color. It also hurt when I touched it.

I went to the doctor and while in the waiting room a friend and I joked about why I was seeing the doctor. Others in the waiting room overheard our conversation and suggested several treatments. The doctor was called away on an emergency and canceled all our appointments. As the receptionist was rescheduling our appointments, I opted out thinking I'd try some of the suggestions from my fellow patients. Some had even been treated by the same doctor for foot fungus and his methods didn't work.

So I left and set to work killing the fungus using several of the methods described by the fellow foot fungus sufferers. I put a 50% Vinegar/50% Listerine in a small spray bottle and started using it two-three times daily. In the morning after my shower I would cleanse the toes with a 10% solution of hydrogen peroxide using a Q-tip. Then when dry, spray the vinegar/Listerine on and let dry. When I went to bed I would plaster my toes with Vicks and wear white cotton socks to bed. At first I would notice a slight warming effect, but also my big toe didn't have that stinging pain.

After about three weeks only my big toe had any discoloration and that was fading and the nail looked almost pure white. It still was humped up, but as the weeks went by the nail became sort of loose. It finally fell off at six months and the nail beneath is perfect except a little rough. The nail in the quick is perfect. In a year maybe the fungus will be gone. I'm going to continue to spray the vinegar/Listerine solution on my feet and use Vicks at night as it has made my feet soft and relieved the burning sensation when wearing shoes for a long time. (12/02/2009)

By raster44

Photo of a toe with toenail fungus.
Getting Rid of Toenail Fungus
woman caring for a peace plant
Getting Rid of Fungus Gnats
hole in sock exposing big toe nail with smiley face
Treating A Damaged Toenail
Health Benefits of Oregano Oil
Health Benefits of Oregano Oil
Treating the Soil After Tomato Blight
Treating Soil After Tomato Blight
🎉
🎄