Treatment for Cold Sores

For a cold sore to heal faster, use the tip of your finger, lick it or wet it lightly under a faucet and dip it in alum, which is a common seasoning (spice). It will dry up the cold sore more quickly and make it less painful. I know because I use this method all the time!

By Yvonn

Treatment for Cold Sores

We use alum for canker sores also. Doesn't taste real good, but it works. (06/25/2004)

Treatment for Cold Sores

I take L-Lysine every day and I no longer get cold sores. Saw this in a doctors office and it really works. (06/26/2004)

By Peggy

Treatment for Cold Sores

I had a doctor tell me to mix a little Benadryl from a caplet with Carmex Lip balm and put it on the cold sore. It works well. (06/26/2004)

By Nicole

Remedies for Cold Sores
Remedies for Cold Sores
A Bandaid on a toe of a child.
Home Treatment of Infected Wounds
Remedies for Canker Sores
Remedies for Canker Sores
Using Campho-Phenique
Keeping Drinks Cold at a Wedding, Punch in a punch bowl.
Keeping Drinks Cold at a Wedding