Using Campho-Phenique

Campho-Phenique
Campo-Phenique is a topical medication often used to help dry up and relieve the pain associated with cold sores. This is a guide about using Campho-Phenique.

Is Campho-Phenique safe to use as a vaginal healing product for irritations and raw spots?

By madownie from Brunswick, GA

Answers

Oh gawd, no, no, no! See a doctor for medicines specifically for that sensitive area. Or at least ask a pharmacist to help you pick something that might help.

Can anyone please tell me what Campho-Phenique does?

Daphne from Adelaide, Aus

I think it's good for wound healing, I know my Mom always had it in the medicine basket.

It's the absolute "best" to apply to cold sores/fever blisters on the lips! I tried everything in the stores and nothing seemed to really help. A cousin told me to rub in a bit at the first sign of itching, or appearance of a fever blister, and it works! It dries the blister up really fast, so at least it won't develope into a huge blister/sore. I carry one small tube in my purse, and have a tube for at home use. I won't ever be without it.

It's good for just about anything!!! Great for mosquitoe bites.My sister and I when we were kids,we'd use our hair brush...scratch the itch then apply Campho- Finaky.....our Dad called it this and it stopped the hurt & itch everytime.Good for mouth sores too!!

My father swore that campho worked better than anything-- for wounds, sores, fever blisters-- I keep it on hand because it is very useful.

Thankyou ALL

I do so love this Site

you are so helpful and nice

Anytime I start to get a little sore in my mouth, I dip a q-tip in the bottle and apply it -- works great.

Sometimes my gum gets sore, red, and swollen and I dab a little on it so I can brush my teeth without it killing me, and it gets well fast.

It was the remedy for athlete's foot and other similar types of fungi back in the days when there were no specialized products on the market. It is good for oral herpes outbreaks (cold sores), but do use the tube type for this. The kind in the bottle is stronger, and tends to sting a bit.