Use Pump Bottles in the Bath

This is a guide about using pump bottles in the bath. Using pump bottles in the bath helps prevent using too much product. Its a great way to save money!

Save money on shampoo by buying the bulk, pump-style bottles. Make it a rule in your house that for short hair, one pump is used; two for long hair, etc.

By Brianna Southworth from Dutch Harbor, AK

Top Comment

You save even more money if you save one of your bottles. When it gets empty, pour shampoo from the full bottle into the empty one until they are about even, then add water to each bottle so that it's about 3/4 full. You'll have to watch that it doesn't get too watery. Then you have nearly TWICE the amount of shampoo!

Here's a simple method to use less shampoo, conditioner and body wash. Transfer the shower products into pump containers (empty hand soap dispensers work great). Each push is a measured amount that prevents waste. This is especially great for kids that tend to use large blobs of products when bathing.

Here's how to determine how much is needed. The first time use 3 pushes for shampoo. Too much? Not enough? Adjust the number of pushes accordingly. It's that easy to be frugal.

By Cheryl from Missouri

Place shampoo and conditioner in plastic pump bottles to reduce the amount consumed. It does cut down on waste.

By Monica from Cortez, CO

Answers:

Use Pump Bottles in the Bath

I had a pump dispenser installed by the faucet on my bathtub; I keep my shampoo in this pump dispenser; makes it very handy and I also have a pull out faucet with a sprayer so if I want to shampoo my hair without getting into the tub I can by kneeling in front of the tub and using the sprayer to wet my hair, the pump dispenser to pump the shampoo and then rinse my hair! (08/29/2009)

By JOSE

By Cheryl from Missouri

Answers:

Saving on Shampoo, Conditioner and Body Wash With Pump Containers

Great idea! In order to save even more money, twist a rubber band on the stem, under the pump. This allows even less product to be pumped out of bottle! (07/17/2007)

By B