Getting The Last Bit Out Of Pump Bottles

This is a page about getting the last bit out of pump bottles. There is usually product left in the bottom of bottles, that the pump cant reach. Here are some tips about getting the last bit out, before throwing the bottle away.

How do you get hand lotion, liquid soap, etc. out of plastic pump bottles when you get to the bottom and know there is some left in the bottle?

By Mary C. from Newark, CA

I treat myself to a very expensive facial care system that includes 2 small pump bottles; one for the morning and one for the evening. One bottle normally does me 2 months. Near the end of the bottle, the pump no longer reaches the cream, but I can see that there is still cream there. I turn the bottle over and allow the contents to drip into the lid that comes with the bottle. By doing this, I get an extra 2 - 3 weeks of cream. Since this is quite expensive to begin with ($30.00 for one 1.5 oz bottle on sale), the extra I gain is very welcome.

By Robin from Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Answers:

Getting The Last Out Of Pump Bottles

I have also had the same problem at times and I've extended the pump tube by adding a piece of drinking straw to the end. This usually does the trick in getting the rest of the cream/lotion from the bottom of the bottle. (12/12/2006)

By Mel

Getting The Last Out Of Pump Bottles

I like the St Ives Apricot scrub and when it won't come out I just take scissors and slice the end off and get the rest out.

Another thing I do is mix a cheap hair conditioner with an expensive one. Like Suave (1.00) with Thermasilk. I don't like wasting the stuff in the bottoms of bottles. I turn them upside down and add to something else, always. I had 2 conditioners that were empty so I mixed in a bit of water and got the rest out and added it to my leave in hair conditioner spray. I find this works a lot better than just having the leave in conditioner by it's self.

(12/13/2006)

By TrayJ24736

Health & Beauty AdviceNovember 7, 2017
🐛
🌻
😷
😎
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Getting-The-Last-Bit-Out-Of-Pump-Bottles.html