Reusing Pump Bottles

Category Reusing
Once the lotion or liquid soap is gone, these hand pump containers can be reused to dispense a variety of liquids. This guide is about reusing pump bottles.

I love to pick up the pump hand cleansers when I find them on sale, but I hate to throw them out. I reuse them for simple things like placing dish washing liquid in them. It is a nice container to place at my kitchen sink when I need some instant dish washing liquid for a quick wash. They are also good for putting shampoo in near the bath tub, or to use for hand cream and body cream. They work well in the laundry area for a small amount of clothes soap when you need just a dab.

By kghornsten from Davis, CA

This is a guide about making a salad dressing pump. You can control the amount of dressing you put on your salad more easily by using a pump.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I go through a lot of hand sanitizer and wanted to know what ideas are out there to reuse the pump top plastic bottle?

By Laura

Answers

I have one right one by the kitchen sink for dispensing dishwashing liquid:)

I use my pump bottles for anything from dispensing shampoo, hair conditioner to hand lotions or you could put bath liquids in them instead of having a large bottle by the tub. You could also put liquids in these bottles such as alcohol or peroxide,and pump them out as needed instead of opening a lid. The ideas are endless.

Is there a reason you can't refill the original bottle? If it were me, I'd buy a large refill bottle and keep it out of sight until it was needed to refill the more attractive sink-side bottle. One more thing, which I saw here on the TF site: to discourage soap waste, wrap an elastic band around the pump itself, in a place where it can keep it from being fully depressed. You can slide it up or down to suit the amount you prefer to use in one squirt.

I took the pump and made a mason jar soap dispenser for my kitchen sink. I have one for my hand soap and one for my dish soap. I buy refill soap in big bottles. I cut a hole in the top of a lid, sealed it in with E6000 craft glue. I do a lot of canning and had the jars and lids. I bought the original hand soap pump at the dollar store. So for a buck and reusing items I already have I have a neat dispenser for pennies on the dollar of what they sell for!