How to Fill a Lotion Pump Bottle

This is a guide about how to fill a lotion pump bottle. It can be hard to transfer lotion to another bottle, because it is so thick. Here are some tips and tricks to make it easier to fill a lotion pump bottle.

Anyone have any hints on pouring hand/body lotion into ceramic lotion pump jars? Usually the lotion is too thick to just pour in, and I always make a mess. I have some really cute bottles, that I would like to fill with different lotions. I have tried adding baby oil to thin it out, but it didn't work, and eventually separated from the hand lotion.

Rose S. from Malvern, PA

Answers

Best Answer

Put your lotion bottle in the microwave for about half a minute first (or if you don't have a microwave, put it in a pan of hot water). The heat will thin it a bit and make it easy to pour. I do this all the time.

Best Answer

I make my own lotions and use the Wilton Cake Decorating Icing bags to fill my bottles. VERY easy and no mess!

God Bless!
Sheila in Titusville, FL

Best Answer

Put your lotion into a plastic storage bag. Cut off a corner and squeeze the lotion into your dispenser. Wipe your hands with the bag to moisturize them for days afterward. I just did this a few weeks ago. Worked great and easy clean up.

Pour the lotion into the bottle through a funnel. Use a knife with a long, narrow blade to push the lotion through the funnel.