Trouble With Granite Look Counters

I tried to do the granite look counter tops and put the clear coat down first. Do I have to sand and do it all over again? Can I still put paint on the clear coat?

Tasha from Mt. Sterling

Answers:

Trouble With Granite Look Counters

Tasha hon, you should put the clear coat on last. Since you have already put it down you will have to sand it all off. Do you have an electric sander?

After you have sanded, put down a product as a primer. Bin by Zinsser is a good gone. Then do your granite look. Then seal it with the sealer. I don't know if you know this, but it is best to use water based sealer because it does not yellow. If you use the oil based, it will yellow and ruin the look of your granite. Use a gloss since you are going for the look of granite. Hope this helps. (08/22/2008)

By Elaine

Trouble With Granite Look Counters
Removing Stains from Granite, Granite Kitchen Counter and Stainless Sink
Removing Stains from Granite
A photo of a large room with granite floors.
Cleaning Granite Flooring
Kitchen with granite countertops.
Removing Glue From Granite
A nice kitchen with granite countertops and white cabinets.
Coordinating Granite Countertops With Kitchen Cabinets
🎄