Unclogging a Bathtub

What helps unclog a bathtub?

Andrea from Clyde, OH

Answers:

Unclogging a Bathtub

If you do a search on bathtub drain, you will see some entries about using baking soda and vinegar. I tried it on my slow flowing drain and it helped quite a bit. You put the baking soda in, then pour the white vinegar into the drain and you will see a lot of foaming. Some say to follow that with hot water. I did notice that it did not work as well on my Mom's drain but she has a permanent screen that covers the drain - she can't remove it to clean hair or anything out of it, so it is a real pain. (01/29/2009)

By KL

Unclogging a Bathtub

Remove the plug and run the hot water to unclog.
There may be hair in the drain. I use a piece of a thin coat hanger or wire with the tip bent like a hook. Try to fish out any hair that might be in the drain. Just clean just below the drain, don't try and shove the wire too far into the drain.

Then use a 1/4 cup baking soda and 1/2 cup vinegar.
Pour the soda down the drain (you may need a pin or something to push it down the drain). Then pour in the vinegar and it will start to fizz.
Put the plug in as fast as you can and let sit for about 5 min.
(02/02/2009)

By PICO

Unclogging a Bathtub

I have discovered a wonderful tool - It is a hose bladder. You connect it to a garden hose and place it down the drain clean out (overflow), insert it past the trap. Turn on the water and when there is enough pressure built up on the line it forces the clog out into the sewer system. No Chemicals- I have 1 bathroom and 5 kids (3 girls with lots of hair) and even with a screen we get clogs often. I can clear a drain in about 10 min. and don't have to worry about and chemicals in the tub. Hope this helps. (02/03/2009)

By shoegirl847

Clearing a Clogged Bathtub Drain, Pulling Hair From Clogged Drain
Clearing a Clogged Bathtub Drain
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Photo of decals stuck to the bottom of a bathtub.
Removing Bathtub Decals
A bathtub.
Cleaning a Textured Bathtub Floor
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
🎄
🍂