Underarm Odor

I have underarm odor. I have tried all kinds of deodorants. I have tried alcohol and vinegar. Nothing seems to work for long periods of time. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

By susiebaker

Answers:

Underarm Odor

I had the same problem years ago and I went to the doctor and he prescribed "Drysol", and it worked great. I now use regular deodorant like Secret. (05/28/2009)

By Onesummer

Underarm Odor

I took two, apple cider vinegar tablets three times a day and in about two weeks, no more body odor. (05/28/2009)

By metroplex

Underarm Odor

Put baking soda in your bath. It also softens the water and you use less soap. (05/28/2009)

By bird watcher

Underarm Odor

Like others have said, it's a bacterial problem. Just like bad breath, it's a sulfur compound that emits the odor, so neutralizing it is the key (I am a dental hygienist). The product you will find as a remedy is called Oxyfresh. They make a liquid soap called Cleansing Gele. Go to oxyfresh.com, then click on products top left, then scroll down to the bottom to "personal and home care", click, it's 3rd from the top on that next page. Now, the trick is to follow the instructions. It has stabilized chlorine dioxide in it. Which means, it has chlorine in it to deodorize but it doesn't smell like chlorine bleach.

The oxide part will kill the bacteria that are causing the problem. They are anaerobic (live w/o oxygen), and they smell. So you get a two pronged approach, you kill them and deodorize the sulfur compounds. The instructions will tell you to Leave the gele for a full minute. That is because it actually takes 60 seconds for the bacteria to have a reaction with the chlorine dioxide. And, the more often you knock down the bacterial count, the better success you will have. Chlorine dioxide oxidizes the bacteria, killing them. If you reduce their numbers, and deodorize what's left, you will not have body odor. I guarantee it. (05/30/2009)

By Genifromalamp

Underarm Odor

Use antiperspirant. And also keep one in your purse/backpack so it can be reapplied later in the day. (05/30/2009)

By Coolcook

Underarm Odor

Apple cider vinegar tablets. I'm pretty sure they are nothing more than acetic acid, which you can get from any chemical company. I used to have this problem and it took me quite a while to fix it, now I have almost no odor at all. My pits smell very mild now, for the bad news, it's one of the symptoms of candida over-growth. Candida is a very insidious thing. Anytime we have problems with our bodies, in any way, it's always, a symptom of other things going on and if we just cover them up, take a pain pill for joint pain or headaches or migraines or any other kind of pain, rashes, acne, regular pimples, eczema, vaginal yeast infections, jock itch, itchy skin, dandruff, anything that is other than good health. Now we can cover the symptoms, cover the pain or embarrassment and have it come back again and eventually have something worse or related to it, but that does not "CURE" it.

It's your body telling you something and we should all listen. And if your doctor gives you a Rx for it, you can be sure you are not fixing it. Pharmaceuticals do not cure, except in the case of a serious infection and then guess what, antibiotics kill the good bacteria and help candida to get way out of hand. It's all a vicious circle. Do some research on candida, it's scary. Candida surrounds and protects staff, it's at the center of tumors. Then stop eating all those easily digested carbs, they feed candida and find something that will kill it in your body and get some good probiotics.

Find a way to detox. It helps to get rid of all those nasty things that "CAN" cause odor. Candida is not an easy thing to get rid of and it takes time. Find out if you have anymore symptoms of this nasty stuff. If you detox and get rid of excess candida, you can lose weight, too, if that's your wish. I hope I haven't scared you or made you sick, but having gone through this and am still going through it, I know how awful things can get, don't let it go un-checked. (05/30/2009)

By c t

Underarm Odor

Taking vitamin C helped me. (05/30/2009)

By Smiley

Underarm Odor

"Mitchum" is the only thing that has worked for me for the last 54 years. I understand that it works on the worst of all body odor problems, and that it is guaranteed. Good luck, and keep us posted on what you do. (05/30/2009)

By Paula Jo Carr

Underarm Odor

Metroplex had a good idea. I assume that's a cheaper way to go than using all different types of deodorant and find out what works best or you. The "market" has come out with much better odor control substances than in the past. Try that new one secret put out that's clinical strength and waterproof. How about cornstarch? I think our ancestors used to do that. (05/30/2009)

By danward

Underarm Odor

I have tried the Secret clinical, and it did not work. I am currently trying the Certain Dry that you apply at night. It is working so far, but I have only used it a couple of days. Other deodorant will usually only work about a week and then it doesn't anymore. (05/30/2009)

By susiebaker

Underarm Odor

If your odor smells like copper, you are lacking in that mineral. A lot of people secrete a mineral and if they replenish it every day, they won't have a problem. You might also see a doctor about your sweat glands. Good luck! (05/30/2009)

By Poor But Proud

Underarm Odor

Try the crystal deodorant stones. They can be purchased online and in some natural-type stores. Works great for feet as well. And cheap! Click here to learn more: http://www.thecrystal.com/crystal_story.cfm (05/30/2009)

By kcarskc

Underarm Odor

Mitchum's works best. (06/01/2009)

By tennesue

Underarm Odor

I had the same problem, one armpit was red with a sticky awful smelling thick yellow tinged goo. Nothing worked until I wiped on a small dab of Desenex, you know, the stuff that prevents diaper rash. This dries it right up and no odor at all. Of course clean the area with soap and water first then apply a very thin layer, a little Desenex goes a long way. (06/07/2009)

By cledus

Underarm Odor

I just posted this on another link, but here it goes again:

I swear by rubbing 1/2 lime (juice and skin) under your arm once a week (be careful skin is not irritated prior to applying the juice or it will sting). Lime juice is a mild disinfectant because it kills some bacteria.

I also swear by WELEDA natural deodorant (I prefer rose scent). It has natural citric oils and juices, no synthetics. You may be allergic to synthetic fragrances. (06/25/2009)

By my2cents

Underarm Odor

I guess it depends on why you're having it. I never in my life had underarm odor. I have always alternated the deodorants I used depending on what was cheapest at the time. Never had a problem, until a few months ago.

I tried everything, scrubbing real good to make sure all the old deodorant was off, then swabbing with alcohol, then putting on the deodorant. Within an hour I could smell myself. I changed to the clear gel and made sure it had alcohol in it, and I haven't had a problem since.

I will be honest with you, I think the people that produce these things are actually cutting back on the ingredients due to high costs. I really believe that some of the stick deodorants have more fillers than actual deodorant in them. (07/01/2009)

By SusanLee

Underarm Odor

I've used Clearasil scrub (the stuff for zits) and hydrogen peroxide (and then soap) under my pits to get rid of the smell. This three part system worked for a few years. Now I've got a funky odor that won't go away even using those three items together. I think evolution is at work here - I'm left with bacterial that can survive Clearasil/hydrogen peroxide/soap. I change my diet to eat only good stuff, but my underarms still stink.

I just wiped white vinegar under my arms using a paper towel (soaked the folded paper towel in vinegar and held that under my arms for a minute). It smells like under arm stink and vinegar. I'll wash it off in the shower in a few minutes to see if it takes the stink with it and keep trying the vinegar over the next few days. I'm also gonna try rubbing alcohol as well. I'm then headed to a baking soda and lemon scrub. The 2 apple cider vinegar tablets three times per day seems like a good idea - attack the problem from the inside.

The lotions and creams and other underarm stuff is dumb since it merely tries to hide the problem rather than kill what ever is living in there. (07/19/2009)

By Tillman99

Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
sweat stain on dark clothing
Removing Underarm Sweat Stains from Clothing
Mothballs
Removing Mothball Odor from Washing Machine
Man With Stain in Underarm
Preventing Underarm Stains
🎄