Underarm Odor

I have really bad underarm odor. I am very active, eat healthy, and am in high school. I have had this odor for a long time. Please help.

By Drusilla from Ontario, CA

Answers:

Underarm Odor

I had the same problem. I ended up using Germ-X, Purell, what ever you buy, hand sanitizer. Works like a charm. It can sting, if you have a cut from shaving. I buy it in the big container. I'm very pleased with the results. I've been doing this for two years. Have a great day. (11/02/2009)

By mvb

Underarm Odor

Take a zinc supplement, 50 mg twice a day. It's pretty amazing how taking zinc can get rid of body odor. You need to take it after a meal or on a full stomach because sometimes zinc can bother your stomach. Also, once a week, do a sugar scrub on you pits to help get rid of dead skin cells. Just scrub your pits with plain sugar and a bit of soap in the shower. Also, bleach your t-shirts and wear white t-shirts under your shirts because dyes can make you sweat more. My ex-husband had such nasty smelly feet, until I got rid of his colored socks and bought only white ones and started bleaching his socks every time I washed them. Presto no more odor! Bleach will make your shirts wear out quicker, but it's worth it.

Several other things that may help, splash rubbing alcohol on your pits every morning and during mid-day or whenever you sweat a lot, especially in the summer. The alcohol kills the germs that cause odor. Lastly, what I've found that helps me, is I quit using antiperspirant and instead use, Tom's unscented deodorant (it has some herbal ingredients that help stop odor). It's sold in health food stores. The reason is because I found I sweat more when I use an antiperspirant than when I use a deodorant. If you do need an antiperspirant, buy the "crystal" deodorant sold at health food stores. It's made from potassium salt. I hope I've helped. These are things that have worked for me.

Here's some more good info:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070826102041AA8g9ay (11/03/2009)

By Cyinda

Underarm Odor

Check into candida. It's usually the cause of any skin issues, including odor of any area. It's good to find out, because if you don't address it, candida can cause cancer and many health issues that can make you miserable, even if they don't kill you. (11/05/2009)

By c t

Underarm Odor

I would see a doctor before trying to take care of it on your own. (11/05/2009)

By Maryeileen

Underarm Odor

My mom had the same problem, only she wasn't aware of it! It was terrible, just terrible, and every time we tried to approach her about it she would cry and get offended. Finally I didn't say anything to her, I just gave her a product my MIL recommended, and it nipped it in the bud. It is a deodorant called "Certain Dry". It use to be drug store only, but now you can get it at Wally World or any drug store. It is wonderful that you are so self aware and want to enhance yourself! Good luck dear. (11/05/2009)

By Tripleb

Underarm Odor

For those that have tried so many things and it never worked, check this out. I suffered from this underarm odor for years trying so many things out there, but to no avail. I visited dermatologists, but no solution. A close relative who happens to be a pharmacist told me to try Avon products especially Timeless Roll on and Imari. I did and I am now underarm odor free at last. Try it. Please I am not trying to sell Avon products. It worked for me and I promised God I will spread the good news around. Good Luck. (12/02/2009)

By babyjj

After reading many post and trying everything, I finally found the solution that works for me... Im 43 yr old female and have had bad armpit odor since I was 17... I use lemon juice (from dollar tree) and apply it to a cotton ball, I wipe my armpit, not just the middle but the sides too... Im like a normal person now, even when sweating a lot, I can barley smell anything... I wish, I would have know about this many years ago... I even went one day without using the lemon juice and I was still not bad.. I still use deodorant, but just the regular kind now... Even the cheap kind... I hope this helps anyone out there.. Its really cheap, it wont hurt to give it a try... btw it burns at first but eventually goes away...

Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
sweat stain on dark clothing
Removing Underarm Sweat Stains from Clothing
Mothballs
Removing Mothball Odor from Washing Machine
Man With Stain in Underarm
Preventing Underarm Stains
🎉
🎄